Monday, November 24, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Winter TBR

Monday, November 24, 2014 10:22 PM with 13 comments




Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme/original feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Click the link to go to their site to see the original list for today plus links to a whole slew of other blogs. After you read mine, of course.

Today's Topic: Winter TBR

It's been a long time since I've posted a Top Ten Tuesday list, but I just cannot resist the season TBR lists. Despite not reading nearly as much as I would like right now (which I know just comes with the territory of being a first year teacher), there are still several books coming out in the next few months I hope to make time for. If nothing else, I can snag them in the summer when I'll actually have some time to read. I have arcs for a handful of these, but not all of them.

22055262 18115187 22535481 When 21936988 18801694 21469068 22550839 
18460455 22465597 20443207 22429350

A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab
Vicious was my favorite book of 2013, so to say I'm excited for this multiverse adult novel is a total understatement. I cannot freaking wait to get my hands on this book. Release: 2/24
All Fall Down by Ally Carter
I love the Heist Society series, so I'm psyched for this new series by Ms. Carter. Release 1/27
A Wicked Things by Rhiannon Thomas
I'm excited for this one because instead of just being a retelling of Sleeping Beauty, it looks at what happens after she's been awakened. Release: 2/24
When by Victoria Laurie
A girl who can see people's "death dates" gets pulled into a murder investigation. I can't wait to dive into this one. It sounds amazing. Release: 1/13 
The Sin Eater's Daughter by Melinda Salisbury
First of all, that cover is gorgeous. Second of all, it is about a girl whose very touch can kill because she is the goddess-embodied. Third of all, this makes her her kingdom's executioner. Sold, dude, completely sold. Release 2/24
We Can Work it Out by Elizabeth Eulberg
Penny Lane and her Broken Hearts are back. It's been a few years since I read the first book, so I'll definitely have to revisit it before Jan. I don't LOVE Eulberg's books, but they are always fun in a fluffy, forgettable way--which certainly has its place. Release 1/27
I'll Meet You There by Heather Demetrios
This love story sounds like it is full of the feels. I've heard nothing but good things about this author's debut (a book I've checked out from the library at least 4 times--ugh), so I'm excited to dive into this one. Release 2/3
What Waits in the Woods by Kieran Scott 
Four teens go on a camping trip in the woods. I'm sure it will all end happily ever after. I LOVE this cover. Release 3/31
Dead to Me by Mary McCoy
LA Confidential for the YA crowd. That's really all I needed to know about this one before I got a case of the grabby hands. Release 3/3
Vanishing Girls by Lauren Oliver
A girl tries to find her missing, estranged sister. Release 3/10
The Winner's Crime by Marie Rutkowski
I was surprised how much I enjoyed The Winner's Crime as it isn't really my usual genre. I'm excited to see what happens next. Release 3/3
A year after the death of her boyfriend a girl tries to live a normal high school life. I still haven't read this author's debut, but I know a lot of my buddies enjoyed it. Release 3/31

Already released books I plan on getting to over Christmas break

20309175 12954620 17841138

Well that's it for me. What books are topping your Winter TBR piles? Link me up!

Hey lovely readers: I love meeting new bloggers. If you decide to follow, my preference is through Bloglovin'. If you are a new follower, please let me know and leave a link so that I can follow back. Thanks! 
 

13 comments:

  1. I'm extremely excited for The Start of Me and You, I really hope you enjoy it! Can't wait for it's release. The Sin Eater's Daughter's summary had me completely sold too, haha. The Winner's Curse is actually on my winter list! Lots of interesting books, great list!

    My Top Ten Post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked THE SIN EATER'S DAUGHTERS and it was preeetty feelsy. I seriously need to read THE WINNER'S CURSE already. I'm excited for A DARKER SHADE OF MAGIC and THE START OF ME AND YOU! ALL FALL DOWN sounds good. And I love the sound of WHAT WAITS IN THE WOODS.

    Rachel @ Beauty and the Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  3. A DARKER SHADE OF MAGIC, THE WINNER'S CRIME, and THE START OF ME AND YOU are on my list, too! I didn't list them, but ALL FALL DOWN, A WICKED THING, THE SIN EATER'S DAUGHTER, and VANISHING GIRLS are also books I hope to get to this winter! I also have been slowly reading TRUE LOVE, and I want to re-read FALLING KINGDOMS and first read the rest of the series!
    I like how similar are tastes are. Glad to meet you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A Darker Shade of Magic is on my list of anticipated releases. I haven't read anything by Schwab yet, but I really want to get to her books. I just bought The Cure For Dreaming and I'm excited to read it too. Duh! Why didn't I think to put My True Love Gave to Me on my TTT! Great List! New Bloglovin follower!
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list Natalie. I'm looking forward to many of these books! I particularly can't wait for I'll Meet You There! My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want to read My True Love Gave to Me, A Wicked Thing and The Start of You and Me - they all look fantastic! I have Falling Kingdoms on my TBR pile but I have yet to read it! :)

    Kyra @ Blog of a Bookaholic
    My TTT Post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dying to read both Dead to Me and Start of Me and You -- both sound awesome! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great list!! I should have included My True Love Gave to Me on my list as well. All Fall Down is another book I can't wait to get. I've read all of her Heist Society books and I'm trying to finish her Gallagher Girls series before the first Embassy Row book hits the shelves.

    I hope you enjoy all of these books. Here is my TTT: http://jacquesbooknook.blogspot.com/2014/11/top-ten-tuesday-books-on-my-winter-tbr.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've got a pretty awesome list this week! I actually added a few of these to my goodreads to-read list. Good luck with your winter reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, you have such an amazing blog - I can't believe I hadn't found it before! Amazing review! Cant wait to check out some of these read! These will be added to my to read list right now. Thanks for sharing =) Hope you can check out my blog? :D Keep in touch x

    Benish | Feminist Reflections
    Hardcover Copy of Betrayed Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd like to try the True Love Gave To Me anthology, looks like a great holiday read. And Vanishing Girls might be good, I liked the book I read by Lauren Oliver so would definitely try her again!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a great list, a lot of these are on my tbr as well. New follower :)

    http://bookpilesandblanketforts.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Winner's Crime, A Darker Shade of Magic, Sin Eater's Daughter, I'll Meet You There…I'm excited for all of those!!! Great list! ~Pam

    ReplyDelete

Hello, there! Thanks for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one and will do my best to respond--usually on your blog instead of on mine. I will, however, always answer direct questions. Due to serious time restraints, this blog is now an award free zone, but I appreciate the thought!