Tuesday, March 31, 2015

TTT: Books Recently Added to My TBR

Tuesday, March 31, 2015 3:07 AM with 6 comments

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme/original feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Click the link to go to their site to see the original list for today plus links to a whole slew of other blogs. After you read mine, of course.



Today's topic: Books recently added to my TBR list
I sometimes feel like I spend more time looking for new books than I do actually reading them (so much so, that I have a discussion post in the works about it), so I had plenty of books to choose from for this topic. I add at least a book to my TBR list every day!

24376529 23369370 24338298 24951755 
23605009 23848031 22856607 23398854 
23437156 23280190 22238184 23719270

A Madness so Discreet by Mindy McGinnis
This is easily in my top 5 covers of the year. Just so beyond beautiful. I hope the historical thriller about a brilliant girl lives up to it. 
A couple on the brink of going to college must decide whether or not they are going to stay together. I don't think I can wait until September to read this one. 
Never Always Sometimes by Adi Alsaid
Two friends fall in love (is what I'm inferring from the synopsis). Love these kind of stories because I'm a big 'ole softie.
Da Vinci's Tiger by Laura Malone Elliott
I'm all over this historical fiction about The Renaissance and Leonardo Da Vinci.
Everybody Rise by Stephanie Clifford
This novel about social class follows a girl in her mid-twenties who has fought her way through elite boarding schools and posh colleges and is now lives in the dazzling world of Manhattan. I always pay attention to books that are compared to Prep which is one of my all-time favorites. 
A girl has to try to survive on her own after her survivalist father leaves to find the mother who abandoned them. 
Backlash by Sara Darer Littman
This one just flew over my radar although it is already out in May. It follows a girl who thought a boy likes her before he starts saying that the world would be better off without her. This sounds just like the actual story of Megan Meier and Lori Drew which we were just talking about in my classes just a couple of weeks ago. 
I Regret Nothing by Jen Lancaster
I love Jen Lancaster's memoirs. She's hilarious.
Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
Game of Thrones meets Ocean's Eleven. Game of Thrones meets Ocean's Eleven. 
The Notorious Pagan Jones by Nina Berry 
A former it girl has fallen from grace and landed in juvenile detention. 
The School for Unusual Girls by Kathleen Baldwin
This historical novel is set in the early 1800s and the school is a well-kept secret. 
Vengeance Road by Erin Bowman
Comparisons to True Grit and vengeance on a biker gang? So much yes. 


Well that's it for me. What books have you recently added to your TBR? Link me up!

Hey lovely readers: I love meeting new bloggers. If you decide to follow, my preference is through Bloglovin'. If you are a new follower, please let me know and leave a link so that I can follow back. Thanks! 






6 comments:

  1. Oh wow. What an eclectic mix. I see some that looks good. This is great! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really looking forward to the new Jennifer E. Smith book! I can always rely on her reads to keep me entertained.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For some reason I'm really intrigued by the cover of Backlash. I'm definitely going to have to look that one up, as well as Everybody Rise! Never Always Sometimes is on my list as well.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I need to STOP adding tbrs every day! I had a reading slump for a week and was comfort buying books like there was no tomorrow and now I need to deal with the tbrs again! I don't see how we can control ourselves when there are so many books out there...

    ReplyDelete
  5. A Madness so Discreet. If I could choose a book to get in my hands at this very moment, that would be a top choice. And that cover - THAT COVER. Seriously, what did McGinnis do to have such an awesome cover run??

    Six of Crows is also on my own preorder list. I love this author, I love her books, and I expect great things from her again.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, there! Thanks for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one and will do my best to respond--usually on your blog instead of on mine. I will, however, always answer direct questions. Due to serious time restraints, this blog is now an award free zone, but I appreciate the thought!