Saturday, November 28, 2015

Weekly Rewind 11.28.15

Saturday, November 28, 2015 1:43 AM with 7 comments
Image result for natflixandbooks


Weekly Rewind
The new books on my shelves and my week in a nutshell.


Since I started this blog I've participated in Stacking the Shelves, which is a weekly feature hosted by Tynga's Reviews, and I'm going to continue linking to that meme. Throughout my student teaching semester I was using my weekend post as a way to let people know what's going on in my life, so I've decided to rename my weekend post because this feature is more personal than just what books I've received. The Weekly Rewind will be about what's going on with me and my blog, as well as about the books I've added to my shelves.

Life and Blog

Life: This is going to be short and sweet today. I've been home for the past couple of days and have plans with friends tonight that I need to start getting ready for (thankfully they are good friends and we are just going over to their house). Thanksgiving was awesome and being home has been exactly what I needed. I can't believe in just three weeks it will be time for Christmas break! (And then a loooong 3 months before Spring Break...but I won't think about that quite yet.) 

Blog and reading: Just a WoW this week. I love this cover, and the story sounds really fun. I'm currently reading Shallow Graves and Gena/Finn, and am switched to the audio of Career of Evil.

New books: Just a handful today, but I'm excited about all of them. So without further ado, I hope you are all having fabulous (hopefully long) weekends!

For Review

22663629 18982137 23848031

Shallow Graves by Kali Wallace
I'm about 70% through this, and it is bizarre. I'm definitely curious to see how it ends, but I'm not loving it (I am enjoying it, though). It's certainly interesting and original.  
The Trouble With Destiny by Lauren Morrill
How charming is that cover? I haven't read Meant to Be, but I really liked Being Sloane Jacobs, so I have high hopes for this one. 
A girl tries to survive in the wilderness about her survivalist father leaves her and her sister. I've been wanting to read this one, and was lucky to win a copy. This one is probably next. 

 What I snagged from the library


22718710

Books:
Love Fortunes and Other Disasters by Kimberly Karalius
This is truly one of my favorite covers ever. So charming.
Movies:
Me and Earl and the Dying Girl
I was hoping to reread this before this came in for me, but just didn't get to it. I started to reread it and then got distracted, and frankly I just have so many books waiting for me that I'll probably end up watching this on Sunday night when I get back into town because this is due on Monday, and I don't want to put my name back on the reserve list and wait for it to come back in. So. 

Well that's it for me this week. Feel free to leave a link to whatever weekend post you do (Stacking the Shelves, In My Mailbox, etc). I love to see what books people have recently snagged and especially enjoy hearing about my fellow bloggers' weeks. I hope you are all having a fabulous weekend!





7 comments:

  1. The cover of The Trouble With Destiny is so unique! :D

    Hope you'll enjoy all your books! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen all of these around and a couple are on my wish list. Hope you enjoy them all!
    My STS

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you have fun with your friends :) It's sad to hear Shallow Graves isn't that great. I was looking forward to it. Hopefully, you like the ending :)
    My STS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great haul! I also have a copy of the Trouble With Destiny. I hope we both enjoy it. :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look interesting and different than what I normally read. I hope you love all of your new books.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you are enjoying your holiday break. I am wanting to get Shallow Graves and you are right, it's a great cover for Love Fortunes and Other Disasters. Great books this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I took a break for the holiday, and it has helped me bounce back. I was sick for the entire month, and it was nice to break away from it all.

    I hope you have a GREAT holiday! <3

    ReplyDelete

Hello, there! Thanks for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one and will do my best to respond--usually on your blog instead of on mine. I will, however, always answer direct questions. Due to serious time restraints, this blog is now an award free zone, but I appreciate the thought!