Saturday, April 30, 2016

Weekly Rewind 4.30.16

Saturday, April 30, 2016 9:25 AM with 7 comments
Image result for natflixandbooks
Weekly Rewind
The new books on my shelves and my week in a nutshell.

Throughout my student teaching semester I was using my weekend post as a way to let people know what's going on in my life, so I've decided to rename my weekend post because this feature is more personal than just what books I've received. The Weekly Rewind will be about what's going on with me and my blog, as well as about the books I've added to my shelves.



My Life and Blog

Life: I'm home for a three-day weekend because I had an appointment this morning. It looks like it is going to be a fairly chilly, rainy weekend, but at least we don't have snow like the mountain west. This was a pretty quick week. I didn't teach on Tuesday because I was out on school business (a writing workshop class), Thursday was "take your kid to work day" so I was missing several students, and then off today. I can't believe how close I am to the end of this year. I'm very much ready for summer. 

Blog and reading: WoW this week. I'm still currently reading The Unexpected Everything and Love, Lies and Spies. I finished my reread by audio of The Smart One a couple of days ago and need to get a new audio. 

New books: I have a handful of pretties to share with you today. So without further ado, I hope you are all having fabulous weekends!

For Review

26116425 26240838 26085520 
26116460 26245098 26116452

This is My Brain on Boys by Sarah Strohmeyer
A brilliant girl tries to win a scholarship to an elite private school by during experiments on her classmates. This sounds pretty cute. 
Heartless by Leah Rhyne
A retelling of Frankenstein from the monster's perspective--who's a girl.
Everland by Wendy Spinale
Peter Pan retelling with a darker Neverland. 
Unrivaled by Alyson Noel
This looks like a very soap-y look at Hollywood.
Every Exquisite Thing by Matthew Quick
A normally good girl decides to rebel against her normal life. I've only read Silver Linings by this author, which was a book a liked but didn't love. 
The Fall of Butterflies by Andrea Portes
Set at an exclusive prep school, which is just about all I need to know. 

What I snagged from the library

17378527 22328165 

Book:
The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater
Eeeppp!
Audio:
A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray
This has long been on my TBR so I was happy to see the audio in the library system.
Movie:
The Big Short
This looks like an intriguing look at a topic I know very little about. 

Well that's it for me this week. Feel free to leave a link to whatever weekend post you do (Stacking the Shelves, In My Mailbox, etc). I love to see what books people have recently snagged and especially enjoy hearing about my fellow bloggers' weeks. I hope you are all having a fabulous weekend!

7 comments:

  1. Enjoy your three day weekend! I hope you enjoy A Thousand Pieces of You...definitely an entertaining read. I am also really curious about Unrivaled. Enjoy your weekend and your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heartless sounds interesting. I like the cover for Everland. You got some great reading ahead of you. I hope you love all of your new books.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo, interesting twist in Heartless. Have a good reading week ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh love a thousand pieces of you. Everland looks really good. Enjoy all your great reads.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been curious about Love, Lies and Spies so I hope that one's good. And enjoy your long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have heard really good things about Everland, I do want to watch the Big Short, but feel like I have to be in the mood for it.

    I can't wait for The Raven King!

    Ashley @ The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really want to read This Is My Brain On Boys. It looks really fun. And I am very impressed that you were able to snag The Raven King From your library in the same week it was released. You must have been number one on the list. I bought it, because I am not good at waiting.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, there! Thanks for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one and will do my best to respond--usually on your blog instead of on mine. I will, however, always answer direct questions. Due to serious time restraints, this blog is now an award free zone, but I appreciate the thought!