Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday (169) One of Us is Lying

Wednesday, October 19, 2016 12:13 AM with 7 comments
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases we are eagerly anticipating. Click the link to see the original post plus a whole slew of links to other blogs. After you read this one, of course.


29527109
One of Us is Lying 

Author: Karen M. McManus
Publisher: Delacorte
Release Date: May 30, 2017

Goodreads:

The Breakfast Club meets Pretty Little Liars, One of Us Is Lying is the story of what happens when five strangers walk into detention and only four walk out alive. Everyone is a suspect, and everyone has something to hide.

Pay close attention and you might solve this.
On Monday afternoon, five students at Bayview High walk into detention.
Bronwyn, the brain, is Yale-bound and never breaks a rule.
Addy, the beauty, is the picture-perfect homecoming princess.
Nate, the criminal, is already on probation for dealing.
Cooper, the athlete, is the all-star baseball pitcher.
And Simon, the outcast, is the creator of Bayview High’s notorious gossip app.

Only, Simon never makes it out of that classroom alive. And according to investigators, his death wasn’t an accident. He died on a Monday. But that Tuesday, he’d planned to post juicy reveals about all four of his high-profile classmates. Now, all four of them are suspects in his murder. Are they guilty? Or are they the perfect patsies for a killer who’s still on the loose?

They all have a motive. They all have something to hide. They all have a history with Simon. And one of them is definitely lying.


Why I'm Excited:
Breakfast Club with a criminal twist? So. Much. Yes. I was immediately desperate for this book as soon as I read this synopsis. It sounds amazing and I will definitely be keeping my eyes peeled for this one.  

What are you waiting for on this Wednesday? Link me up!

7 comments:

  1. I LOVE The Breakfast Club reference! I wonder if teens will even know what The Breakfast Club is? Anyway, it sounds like a fun read! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooo, this sounds good! I'm actually not familiar with the Breakfast Club (probably an age thing? I'm 21 though), but regardless, it sounds interesting. May though... that's so far away. I hope you enjoy this book when you get a chance to read it!

    Have a fabulous week. :)

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAAAAAASSSS i want this one! I think this was my WoW pick last week. Must. Have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heh yeah, can't beat that tagline/blurb! Definitely intriguing and I will be adding this to my GR now, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anything Breakfast Club sounds good to me!

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YA murder mysteries are few and far between. I'm excited for this one, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Breakfast Club with a criminal twist sounds awesome! Thanks for bringing this one to my attention! Lovely pick ^_^

    Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete

Hello, there! Thanks for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one and will do my best to respond--usually on your blog instead of on mine. I will, however, always answer direct questions. Due to serious time restraints, this blog is now an award free zone, but I appreciate the thought!