Friday, July 3, 2015

Weekly Rewind 7.4.15

Friday, July 3, 2015 11:50 PM with 6 comments
Image result for natflixandbooks



Weekly Rewind
The new books on my shelves and my week in a nutshell.




Since I started this blog I've participated in Stacking the Shelves, which is a weekly feature hosted by Tynga's Reviews, and I'm going to continue linking to that meme. Throughout my student teaching semester I was using my weekend post as a way to let people know what's going on in my life, so I've decided to rename my weekend post because this feature is more personal than just what books I've received. The Weekly Rewind will be about what's going on with me and my blog, as well as about the books I've added to my shelves.


My Life and Blog

Life: This is going to be super quick because I'm getting ready to go out to dinner for my 10th year wedding anniversary. I can't believe I've been married for a decade! Ofcourse, my husband and I have actually been together for eighteen years, so it's all relative. 

On the job front I had a job interview yesterday. I won't hear back about it until next week, but I wasn't getting the: you're the one vibe from my interviewers, so...It is what it is. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed, but like I said last week, it is looking like I will be heading back down to FL for another year. We're not happy about it, but it could be worse. Again, I really do like the school, administration, and staff, and I'm incredibly thankful to have a job. 

New books: Not a whole lot this week on the review which is good because I'm sooooo behind. I did buy a couple of books I've been dying to read and snagged a couple from the library I'm really excited about, too. So without further adieu, I hope you are all having fabulous weekends! Also, Happy 4th of July!!!

For Review

16278318 18715922 23395340

Armada by Ernest Cline
Gamers on called on to be heroes when aliens attack (isn't that the premise of the movie Pixels coming out in a couple of weeks, too?). I'm so excited to read this one.  
Ruthless by Carolyn Lee Adams
A girl is on the run in the wilderness after escaping her serial killer captor. Sounds exciting.
No Such Person by Caroline Cooney
I'm not exactly sure what this one is about except that it follows two sisters and is being described as "twisty."

What I bought




Kiss of Deception by Mary Pearson
I've heard great things about this and the sequel comes out in a few days, so...
Mad, Wicked Folly by Sharon Biggs Waller
I can't believe I haven't read this yet. I love feminist fiction! 

What I snagged from the library

23453112  18018509

Modern Romance by Aziz Ansari
I love Aziz Ansari and think that it's awesome that he wrote a smart, funny, useful piece of non-fiction instead of the usual comedic memoir. I'm also very happy that I found love before the time of Tinder, smart phones, and Facebook. I'm about 1/3 of the way through this and it is truly interesting. 
Just Like the Movies by Kelly Fiore
This looks cute and fluffy which I was in the mood for when I snagged it.

Well that's it for me this week. Feel free to leave a link to whatever weekend post you do (Stacking the Shelves, In My Mailbox, etc). I love to see what books people have recently snagged and especially enjoy hearing about my fellow bloggers' weeks. I hope you are all having a fabulous weekend!

6 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous of you getting "Armada". I really want to read that one. Happy reading!

    Tsuki’s STS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard great things about Kiss of Deception as well! Hope to read it! Enjoy!

    My Stack

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a copy of No Such Person too so I hope we both enjoy that one! I can't wait for Armada to come out; I requested a copy so hopefully I get one in the mail! Just Like the Movies is such a cute read! I read it last summer. Have an awesome week. :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear the job hunt isn't going so well---hang in there! :)
    Kiss of Deception was so good, I hope you love it. And I've always wanted to read Mad Wicked Folly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary!!!!

    Kiss of Deception…I LOVE THIS SERIES. Amazing first book and the sequel is amazing as well.

    I also really liked A Mad, Wicked Folly…have fun reading! ~Pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary!! I need to read both book you bought, I have heard great things :)

    Ashley @ The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete

Hello, there! Thanks for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one and will do my best to respond--usually on your blog instead of on mine. I will, however, always answer direct questions. Due to serious time restraints, this blog is now an award free zone, but I appreciate the thought!