Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday (142) Every Hidden Thing

Tuesday, March 15, 2016 11:06 PM with 4 comments
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases we are eagerly anticipating. Click the link to see the original post plus a whole slew of links to other blogs. After you read this one, of course.


28954084
Every Hidden Thing

Author: Kenneth Oppel
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Release Date: October 11, 2016

Synopsis from Goodreads:

The hunt for a dinosaur skeleton buried in the Badlands, bitter rivalries, and a forbidden romance come together in this beautifully written new novel that’s Romeo and Juliet meets Indiana Jones.

Somewhere in the Badlands, embedded deep in centuries-buried rock and sand, lies the skeleton of a massive dinosaur, larger than anything the late nineteenth century world has ever seen. Some legends call it the Black Beauty, with its bones as black as ebony, but to seventeen-year-old Samuel Bolt it’s the “rex”, the king dinosaur that could put him and his struggling, temperamental archaeologist father in the history books (and conveniently make his father forget he’s been kicked out of school), if they can just quarry it out.

But Samuel and his father aren’t the only ones after the rex. For Rachel Cartland this find could be her ticket to a different life, one where her loves of science and adventure aren’t just relegated to books and sitting rooms. Because if she can’t prove herself on this expedition with her professor father, the only adventures she may have to look forward to are marriage or spinsterhood.

As their paths cross and the rivalry between their fathers becomes more intense, Samuel and Rachel are pushed closer together. And with both eyeing the same prize, their budding romance seems destined to fail. But as danger looms on the other side of the hills, causing everyone’s secrets to come to light, Samuel and Rachel are forced to make a decision. Can they join forces to find their quarry—and with it a new life together—or will old enmities and prejudices keep them from both the rex and each other?


Why I'm excited:
Um, Romeo & Juliet meets Indiana Jones. I just. Doesn't that sound amazing? I really enjoyed Oppel's interpretation of Victor Frankenstein in This Dark Endeavor, so I'm looking forward to reading something else from him. I will definitely be keeping my eyes open for this one.  

What are you waiting for on this Wednesday? Link me up!

Hey lovely GFC and new followers, please follow me by Bloglovin. (I like to follow back, so please let me know if you're a new follower--and leave a link!) Thank you!!!

4 comments:

  1. Ahh! I love all things Indiana Jones, so I must add this one to my TBR pile. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Romeo & Juliet meets Indiana Jones?! Heck, ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been eyeing this one and am anxious to see some reviews. I read This Dark Endeavor but never read the second one in the duology. I enjoyed the first one well enough. What a combo - Romeo and Juliet and Indiana Jones. That's enough to pique a lot of people's curiosity I am sure.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, there! Thanks for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one and will do my best to respond--usually on your blog instead of on mine. I will, however, always answer direct questions. Due to serious time restraints, this blog is now an award free zone, but I appreciate the thought!