Saturday, March 26, 2016

Weekly Rewind 3.26.16

Saturday, March 26, 2016 12:54 AM with 13 comments
Image result for natflixandbooks
Weekly Rewind
The new books on my shelves and my week in a nutshell.

Throughout my student teaching semester I was using my weekend post as a way to let people know what's going on in my life, so I've decided to rename my weekend post because this feature is more personal than just what books I've received. The Weekly Rewind will be about what's going on with me and my blog, as well as about the books I've added to my shelves.

My Life and Blog

Life: Why do weeks off always fly by? It feels like I just got home, but I'm already preparing to go back down to VA. It's been so nice to be home, but I haven't done anything. I had all these grand plans of reading and blogging and spring cleaning, but I've really just laid around all day doing nothing. My mother-in-law was in town for the first four days of my break, which wasn't a big deal, but made me think more about the meals I was going to cook and things like that. She left on Tuesday night, and I've barely moved since. I seriously needed this break. It's been so nice to just relax. I can't believe I have to go back in two days, though! *Sob*

Blog and reading: Just a WoW this week. I kind of planned on getting more done...but also kind of knew I wasn't going to. During the school year, my blogging really just consists of WoW and these weekend posts, and I'm completely fine with that. I finished rereading The Future of Us and am about halfway through Romancing the Nerd. I haven't started a new audio yet, but snagged a couple from my PA library.

New books: I have a pile of books to share with you this week. So without further ado, I hope you are all having fabulous weekend! Happy Easter, if you celebrate!


For Review

25664525 16221851 25893582
26095121 25787386 25785797 
26030682 25814205 25894060

Romancing the Nerd by Leah Rae Miller
This is a pretty cute he said/she said romance about a popular boy who has a crush on a "nerdy" girl. It obviously has characters from The Summer I Became a Nerd--which I own but haven't read yet--so I'm bummed I didn't read it first. Also, I don't get larping. I'm sorry. I just don't.
Tell the Wind and Fire by Sarah Rees Brennan
So I've never read A Tale of Two Cities (yes, I know, bad English teacher, I struggle with Dickens), but I'm excited to read this retelling regardless.
Tell Me Three Things by Julie Buxbaum
A girl trying to make it through life at private school starts getting advice from an anonymous person.
The Haters by Jesse Andrews
I loved Me and Earl. I have high hopes for this.
Charlotte Cuts it Out by K.A. Barson
A girl has grand plans for her friend's and her futures, but her friend starts to have other ideas.
While a girl is swimming in a lake, she runs into the body of a dead woman. Despite owning several
books by this author, I have yet to read anything by her.
Girl in the Blue Coat by Monica Hesse
Set during WWII, a girl is hired to find a Jewish girl before the Nazis do.
Surviving High School by LeLe Pons
I don't know this woman at all. I don't really follow "you tube stars" or "vine stars." Has anybody read this one?
Keep Me Posted by Lisa Beazley
Two sister keep in touch through old-fashioned letters.

What I snagged from the library

22838927 18053125 

Book:
The Steep and Thorny Way by Cat Winters
I'm so excited for this retelling of Hamlet...where Hamlet is an African American girl living in Oregon.
Audio:
Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige
I've been meaning to read this for ages, but just haven't gotten to it. Audio to the rescue.
Movie:
The Night Before
This looks silly, but I love JGL.


Well that's it for me this week. Feel free to leave a link to whatever weekend post you do (Stacking the Shelves, In My Mailbox, etc). I love to see what books people have recently snagged and especially enjoy hearing about my fellow bloggers' weeks. I hope you are all having a fabulous weekend!



13 comments:

  1. Nice selection of books you've got there. Plenty to keep you busy.

    Deanna's Stacking the Shelves / New on my bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard AMAZING things about Tell Me Three Things so I really want a copy of that one. BUT I did start Romancing the Nerd and I just felt entirely too old for it, which doesn't happen often and it's not the book's fault, so. Hope you enjoy all your new books! :)And yes, weeks do fly by for me too, it's crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great haul! Romancing the Nerd looks super cute :) Happy reading!
    Danielle @ Life With Two Boys

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic books! Enjoy them all. I liked The Steep and Thorny Way - it wasn't my favorite by Cat Winters, but still pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Time does seem to fly by way too fast. I hope you love all of your new books.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got Dorothy Must Die from the library, too! I hope to be reading it soon. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really want to read Haters. So glad you enjoyed your time home.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would like to read Tell Me Three Things. Saw great reviews for that! :)

    my StS: https://bookishsya.wordpress.com/2016/03/26/stacking-the-shelves-7/

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOOH! YAY! I have Tell The Wind On Fire from Netgalley too, and I am SO excited for it. I've been dying to read Tell Me Three Things. I hope you like Surviving High School - I just finished it, and while Lele's voice was super authentic, it was a self congratulatory sort of autobiography!

    I hope you like it better than I did.

    Aditi @ http://athousandwordsamillionbooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have Tell the Wind and Fire scheduled to review this week as well. Hope you enjoy it.
    My StS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, you got so many books that I'm looking forward to! Romancing the Nerd, Tell Me Three Things, and Tell the Wind and Fire are just a few! I hope you enjoy all of your new books :D

    Christy @ Novel Ink

    ReplyDelete
  12. It usually is the case when you're on holidays, isn't it? Time just zips by so fast! But I hope you were able to accomplished everything you needed to do before you left.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It sounds like you needed a mental break!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, there! Thanks for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one and will do my best to respond--usually on your blog instead of on mine. I will, however, always answer direct questions. Due to serious time restraints, this blog is now an award free zone, but I appreciate the thought!