Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Waiting on Wednesday (192) Reign of the Fallen

Tuesday, May 23, 2017 9:00 PM with 2 comments
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases we are eagerly anticipating. Click the link to see the original post plus a whole slew of links to other blogs. After you read this one, of course.


29906017
Reign of the Fallen

Author: Sarah Glenn Marsh

Publisher: Razorbill
Release Date: January 23, 2018

Goodreads:


An LGBT fantasy series that follows a talented necromancer who must face down a deadly nemesis who has learned how to turn her magic into a weapon.

Odessa is one of Karthia's master necromancers, catering to the kingdom's ruling Dead. Whenever a noble dies, it's Odessa's job to raise them by retrieving their souls from a dreamy and dangerous shadow world called the Deadlands. But there is a cost to being raised--the Dead must remain shrouded, or risk transforming into zombie-like monsters known as Shades. If even a hint of flesh is exposed, the grotesque transformation will begin.

A dramatic uptick in Shade attacks raises suspicions and fears among Odessa's necromancer community. Soon a crushing loss of one of their own reveals a disturbing conspiracy: someone is intentionally creating Shades by tearing shrouds from the Dead--and training them to attack. Odessa is faced with a terrifying question: What if her necromancer's magic is the weapon that brings Karthia to its knees?

A lavish fantasy with a surprising and breathtaking LGBT romance at its core, Reign of the Fallen is a gutsy, unpredictable read that will grab readers by the throat and never let go....


Why I'm Excited: I don't read a lot of fantasy, but I've always been fascinated by necromancy. Let's be honest, though, that cover is amazing. I'd probably pick this up if it was about a girl watching paint dry. So pretty! I'll definitely be keeping my eyes open for this one. 

What are you waiting for on this Wednesday? Link me up!

2 comments:

  1. Wow- definitely an interesting premise. I love the cover! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also really like the cover. I can't wait to hear what you think of this one. I'm not a fantasy reader either, but it sounds interesting!

    http://jacquesbooknook.blogspot.com/2017/05/waiting-on-wednesday-becoming-of-noah.html

    ReplyDelete

Hello, there! Thanks for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one and will do my best to respond--usually on your blog instead of on mine. I will, however, always answer direct questions. Due to serious time restraints, this blog is now an award free zone, but I appreciate the thought!