Tuesday, April 16, 2013





Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. Click the link to see the original list for today, plus links to a whole slew of other blogs who've joined in the fun.

Today's topic was blogger's choice of past topics. Seeing as how I've just started this blog, there was A LOT of topics to choose from. I chose:

The Top 10 Books at the Top of My Spring 2013 TBR Pile


Dead Silence (The Body Finder, #4)     The Program (The Program, #1)   Golden     

The Book of Broken Hearts     All I Need     The Summer I Became a Nerd    

The Originals     Spirit and Dust     All the Summer Girls   

            Parallel          Truth or Dare (Truth or Dare, #1)     


1. Dead Silence by Kimberly Derting. 
I wasn't crazy about the last book, but I do enjoy this series and am excited to see how it ends. 

2. The Program by Suzanne Young
I've been lusting after this cover for months. With two weeks until publication it popped up on Edelweiss yesterday. I probably could have waited 14 days, but now I don't have to.

3. Golden by Jessi Kirby
I have this one on my Kindle just begging to be read next (and it probably will be). I have seen several positive review by friends on Goodreads and fellow bloggers.

4. The Book of Broken Hearts by Sarah Ockler 
Like I said last week on my Waiting for Wednesday post, the synopsis of this book sounds very similar to one of my favorite movies Inventing the Abbotts with Joaquin Phoenix and Liv Tyler. If you haven't seen the movie, I highly recommend.

5. All I Need by Susane Colasanti
Ok, if I'm honest, I usually find this author's work kind of...meh, but I get pulled in by those covers every time. What can I say, I'm a sucker.

6. The Summer I Became a Nerd by Leah Rae Miller
This sounds so cute (popular cheerleader is closet nerd) and I love that cover. LOVE IT!

7. The Originals by Cat Patrick
A story of triplets who are actually clones. Um, yes, please.

8. Spirit and Dust by Rosemary Clement-Moore
So a girl who can speak to the dead is hardly original, but I really enjoyed this author's Texas Gothic, so I'm definitely willing to give it a chance.

9. Parallel by Lauren Miller
Another one just waiting to be read on my Kindle. This one is getting some mixed reviews, but I love the idea of parallel universes so will definitely be giving it a shot.

10. Truth or Dare #1 by Jacqueline Green
So why I kind of hate that cover, the synopsis sounds pretty cool. So every once in a while I do chose a book not based on its cover.

So what about you? What are you looking forward to reading this Spring? Or what did you choose to do your TTT on? I'd love to hear from you.

*Followers and comments are welcome and much appreciated. I will always try to follow back, but if I somehow miss you, please just let me know!


15 comments:

  1. Ooh, you've got some great ones on here!! I'm really excited for Parallel; Golden sounds amazing; and The Summer I Became a Nerd looks SO cute. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nikki! There are so many good-looking books coming out this Spring that it was hard to choose just 10.

      Delete
  2. I SO want to read The Summer I Became a Nerd! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Truth or Dare sounds interesting too. Great picks and I followed back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! I preordered The Originals a few weeks ago on the Book Depository. I just love Cat Patrick's books.

    I'm really looking forward to reading The Program as well.
    Great list!

    Thanks for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This will be my first book by Cat Patrick, but I'm definitely excited for it.

      Delete
  5. Parallel sounds awesome! I haven't read any reviews of it yet though. But I liked Pivot Point. Did you read that one yet? Parallel universes are awesome. Thanks for stopping by my TTT
    -Melissa @ Harley Bear Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did read Pivot Point and really enjoyed it. I'm definitely a fan of parallel universes. I've seen Sliding Doors, like, 10 times!

      Delete
  6. Oh oh oh so many good picks!! Well I don't know for sure I just mean that I have so many on my TBR list as well. I'm really dying to read The Program, but I think I have all but maybe 2 of those on my list. Great TTT!! :)

    Thanks for stopping by my TTT Natalie!

    Sheri @ Perks of Being a Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dead Silence is really good, and I have a copy of The Program I plan on delving into soon. Thanks for sharing and stopping by!

    Rachel @ Beauty and the Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did top books on my spring tbr a couple of weeks ago and we have none in common. LOL There are some good picks on yours. I'm also sorry Body Finder is ending. And I hope to squeeze some of this to read this year. Especially The Program.
    Thanks for stopping by my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to read The Program by Suzanne Young! Great list. Following you. :)


    Sabrina @ihearty.a.fiction

    ReplyDelete

Hello, there! Thanks for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one and will do my best to respond--usually on your blog instead of on mine. I will, however, always answer direct questions. Due to serious time restraints, this blog is now an award free zone, but I appreciate the thought!