Saturday, September 28, 2013

Stacking the Shelves (25) 9.28.13

Saturday, September 28, 2013 7:55 AM with 26 comments

STSmall_thumb[2]

Stacking the Shelves is a weekly feature hosted by Tyngas Reviews. This meme allows us to share the books we've recently added to our shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! *Clicking the link of a book's title will take you to Goodreads.



I was able to get back into the swing of things a little bit this week. Student teaching while working part-time is still kicking my butt, but I was able to post two reviews this week one for the book Fangirl, which I really enjoyed, and one for the movie 21 Jump Street, which is a hilarious movie that you should definitely check out if you haven't already. I'm currently reading Goodbye, Rebel Blue. It's really good so far and I will do my best to get a review up for it next week. 

This week, I added some more amazing books that I can not wait to dive into, including one that has been topping my most anticipated books of the year. So without further ado...here's what I've added to my shelf this week. 


For Review

15829686 13265540 12842134 17571907 
17393023 17393014 17316589 
17572846 14498145 17195830 17039870

Tandem  by Anna Jarzab
This multi-verse novel has been one of my most anticipated novels of the year. I cannot wait to dive into this one. 
Red by Alison Cherry
So I've been looking forward to this one, too, but I am definitely curious about how good it is going to be. See, this novel is about a town in which redheads hold all the power and a girl who dyes her hair is found out by at least one person...so I'm wondering. If hair dye is an option than why wouldn't everyone just dye their hair red? This question seriously better be answered. 
Just One Year by Gayle Forman
The companion to Just One Day...which I need to read immediately.
Bellman & Black by Diane Setterfield
A boy's "cruel act" of killing a bird comes back to haunt him as an adult.
Time After Time by Tamara Ireland Stone
The companion to The Distance Between Us...which I need to read immediately, ahem, again. Why do I request sequels to books I haven't read yet? That's a good question.  
Cutting Room Floor by Dawn Klehr
A girl tries to solve the murder of her favorite teacher. I love a good YA mystery and that cover is sufficiently creepy.
Kingdom of Little Wounds by Suzann Cokal
A young seamstress and a royal nursemaid find themselves at the center of an epic power struggle. Look at that cover. Those mermaids!
Blythewood by Carol Goodman
Boarding school and dark secrets. Sold.
The Brokenhearted by Amelia Kahaney
A teenage girl is transformed into a reluctant superhero and must balance her old life with the dark secret of who she has become. So I haven't read any review for this yet, but I cannot help but notice that my GR friends who have read it so far have all given it 1 or 2 stars. I don't always agree with my friends, of course, but my expectations of this have definitely been lowered.
No Angel  by Helen Keeble
The blurb on the cover is: He flies. He fights demons. He's looking down your shirt. Heh.
Bang  by Lisa McMann
The sequel to Crash

So that's it for me this week. I'm pretty excited about what I added to my shelves this week. What did you add to your shelves? Link me up!

Hey lovely GFC and new followers, please follow me by Bloglovin as we all know Google Reader has gone/is going by the wayside. (I like to follow back, so please let me know if you're a new follower--and leave a link!) Thank you!!!


26 comments:

  1. Nice book haul! I like the cover for Blythswood...might investigate that further. Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so many good books on your haul this week but the one that I literally squealed over is Just One Year. CANNOT WAIT to read this. Enjoy!!!!

    Thanks for stopping by :)
    Nicole @ The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great haul! I loved Time Between Us so I can't wait for the sequel. Tandem was excellent, one of the best parallel world books I've read. And I love Carol Goodman, I've read all of her other books so I can't wait for read that one. Have fun reading! ~Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of great books! I really want to read Tandem and Time After Time! I still need to read Just One Day! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you're managing better, Natalie. I really want to read Just One Year and Bang. So jealous!

    Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great haul! I was thinking about also requesting Red but I already requested too much so I decided to just not to do it. lol. :P

    ~Stephanie @ Bookfever

    ReplyDelete
  7. NATALIE YOU ARE SO LUCKY! I'm jealous of Just One Year. I can't wait to read your review! And I'm interested in hearing your thoughts on Red, because I'm unsure if I want to read it or not.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You got so many great books in there. I have requested way too much to add Red to my list. Nice haul of books.

    Grace
    Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great haul! I really want to read Tandem! About a week ago I did a 'Waiting on Wednesday' post about it! Can't wait to hear what you think about it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great haul! I haven't heard of these but happy reading!

    Tsuki’s STS

    ReplyDelete
  11. First off, yes, the 21 Jump Street movie was amazing. It was the film that made me a fan of Channing Tatum.

    I'm desperate to read Just One Year!!! And you haven't read JOD yet?? Get on it - it's exceptional!

    Thanks for visiting.
    Stephanie @ Inspiring Insomnia

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so jealous of Red, Bang, and Time After Time. Enjoy 'em! :)

    New Bloglovin/GFC follower. My STS

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great stack of books! I'm particularly excited to see what you think of Red and The Brokenhearted. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVED the 21 Jump Street moviet. I actually remember the TV show from the 90s. Yes, I'm that old….
    Thanks so much for stopping by! Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete
  15. Excited about lots of these, but especially Bang. I loved Crash and I've never been disappointed by Lisa McMann!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really want to read Just One Year,but I still have to read the first book in the series. I can't wait to hear what you think of it.

    Here is my STS: http://jacquesbooknook.blogspot.com/2013/09/stacking-shelves_26.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very excited about reading Tandem! I also have the Brokenhearted...a bit nervous with the mixed reviews. Maybe it'll surprise us. Great haul!

    My Friends Are Fiction's Showcase Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh great haul! I love the cover of Bang! So pretty. Hmm, I think I need to check out Just One Day, been hearing such great things. Hope you enjoy all your books, happy reading!

    Bookmunchies' Sunday Post & STS (:

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'll have to check out your review of Fangirl, that's definitely on my list to read.

    Have a great week.

    Here's my round-up of the week.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  20. Niiice!! You've got a lot of review copies this week!! I've heard some great things about No Angel. I hope you'll like it :)
    Looking forward to reading your reviews!! I'm a new follower via Bloglovin :)

    Sapir @ Diary of a Wimpy Teen Girl

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow! Several titles I wasn't aware of! Time to get busy!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nice haul.Time after Time and A Kingdom of Little Wounds are two I want to get. Happy Reading!
    Here are my newest additions .

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm reading GOODBYE, REBEL BLUE right now too! I really like it so far. I'm about halfway done at this point. I'm hoping to have my review up tomorrow for the release. That is if everything goes as plans...which almost never happens. Can't wait to see what you think of it. Jealous you got TANDEM! I'm dying to read that one. I've heard lots of mixed things about RED. Curious to see what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am DYING of jealousy over Just One Year! How awesome for you! That publisher tends to hate me, so it's nice to see that my friends can still get these awesome books.

    I've heard some mixed things about Red, but I admit I am still curious about it. Looking forward to your review to see what side you'll end up on.

    HOW DID I NOT KNOW DIANE SETTERFIELD HAD A NEW NOVEL? WEEEE! And also, congrats on that one. I loved her earlier novel so I hope this one is good too!

    I wasn't a huge fan of The Cutting Room Floor. I had an issue with how sexuality was portrayed, but I hope it works better for you :)

    And wow -- Lisa McMann gets some really awesome covers!

    Great STS! You got some very awesome and interesting books :D

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am soo jealous you got a copy of Blythewood. Penguin loves you and you are sooo lucky! Also can't wait to hear your thoughts on Red and Tandem. I have copies also and should be reading them sooooonish.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, there! Thanks for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one and will do my best to respond--usually on your blog instead of on mine. I will, however, always answer direct questions. Due to serious time restraints, this blog is now an award free zone, but I appreciate the thought!