Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday (78) Delicate Monsters

Tuesday, December 9, 2014 8:35 PM with 4 comments
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases we are eagerly anticipating. Click the link to see the original post plus a whole slew of links to other blogs. After you read this one, of course.


23014725 
Delicate Monsters
 

Authors: Stephanie Kuehn
Publisher: St. Martin's Press
Release Date: June 9, 2015

Link to Goodreads:

From the Morris-Award winning author of Charm & Strange, comes a twisted and haunting tale about three teens uncovering dark secrets and even darker truths about themselves.

When nearly killing a classmate gets seventeen-year-old Sadie Su kicked out of her third boarding school in four years, she returns to her family’s California vineyard estate. Here, she’s meant to stay out of trouble. Here, she’s meant to do a lot of things. But it’s hard. She’s bored. And when Sadie’s bored, the only thing she likes is trouble.

Emerson Tate’s a poor boy living in a rich town, with his widowed mother and strange, haunted little brother. All he wants his senior year is to play basketball and make something happen with the girl of his dreams. That’s why Emerson’s not happy Sadie’s back. An old childhood friend, she knows his worst secrets. The things he longs to forget. The things she won’t ever let him.

Haunted is a good word for fifteen-year-old Miles Tate. Miles can see the future, after all. And he knows his vision of tragic violence at his school will come true, because his visions always do. That’s what he tells the new girl in town. The one who listens to him. The one who recognizes the darkness in his past. 

But can Miles stop the violence? Or has the future already been written? Maybe tragedy is his destiny. Maybe it’s all of theirs.

Why I'm Excited:

Lately, I've been wanting books that are a little...darker. I don't know why. I love a fun, fluffy contemporary, but sometimes I just crave something with real depth. Again, not even depth, but darkness. I've been very curious about this one since stumbling on this awesome title, and I was thrilled when I saw it finally has a cover--and a pretty cool one, at that. I'm very excited for this one. 

What are you waiting for on this Wednesday? Link me up!

Hey lovely GFC and new followers, please follow me by Bloglovin. (I like to follow back, so please let me know if you're a new follower--and leave a link!) Thank you!!!



4 comments:

  1. Awesome pick! This one does sound darker, but sometimes you need that after a few fluffy reads. I will definitely add this one to my TBR list. Thanks for putting it on my radar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen this one around a lot lately. I hope you get your hands on it soon. here's mine

    My $30 giveaway is still going if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete
  3. reat pic! I loved Charm & Strange so I'm looking forward to this one. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, there! Thanks for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one and will do my best to respond--usually on your blog instead of on mine. I will, however, always answer direct questions. Due to serious time restraints, this blog is now an award free zone, but I appreciate the thought!