Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday (81) Everything, Everything

Wednesday, December 31, 2014 12:40 AM with 6 comments
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases we are eagerly anticipating. Click the link to see the original post plus a whole slew of links to other blogs. After you read this one, of course.


18692431
Everything, Everything
 

Authors: Nicola Yoon
Publisher: Delacorte
Release Date: September 1, 2015

Link to Goodreads:

This innovative, heartfelt debut novel tells the story of a girl who's literally allergic to the outside world. When a new family moves in next door, she begins a complicated romance that challenges everything she's ever known. The narrative unfolds via vignettes, diary entries, texts, charts, lists, illustrations, and more.

My disease is as rare as it is famous. Basically, I'm allergic to the world.I don't leave my house, have not left my house in seventeen years. The only people I ever see are my mom and my nurse, Carla.

But then one day, a moving truck arrives next door. I look out my window, and I see him. He's tall, lean and wearing all black--black T-shirt, black jeans, black sneakers, and a black knit cap that covers his hair completely. He catches me looking and stares at me. I stare right back. His name is Olly.

Maybe we can't predict the future, but we can predict some things. For example, I am certainly going to fall in love with Olly. It's almost certainly going to be a disaster.

Why I'm Excited:

I'm excited because of this sentence: The narrative unfolds via vignettes, diary entries, texts, charts, lists, illustrations, and more. I absolutely adore novels that are told in unconventional ways. This sounds romantic and sad and different and very, very cool. I cannot wait to get my hands on this one. I'm charmed by that cover, too.
What are you waiting for on this Wednesday? Link me up!

Hey lovely GFC and new followers, please follow me by Bloglovin. (I like to follow back, so please let me know if you're a new follower--and leave a link!) Thank you!!!

6 comments:

  1. The visual stuff is what caught my attention with this one, too! I love stories with diary entries, but add illustrations and charts and stuff and I'm all over it!! Plus the story just sounds cute and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful cover and interesting premise. This sounds like my type of read. I'm definitely keeping my eyes out for this one now :)

    czai @ the Blacksheep Project

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the synopsis and the cover!!! Definitely my kind of read, I'll be adding it to my TBR list right now :D Great choice :D

    My WoW


    Jackie @Jackie's Book World

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard of this before but it sounds amazing! I love the fact that it's told in an unconventional way. That always makes a story more interesting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds so different, I'm going to have to add it to my list. With the illustrations, etc., though, it sounds like this is one I should get a physical copy of instead of getting it on my Kindle. Great pick! ~Pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for sharing information 'after reading in the page i' very like to website
    cara mengobati syaraf kejepit di punggung

    ReplyDelete

Hello, there! Thanks for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one and will do my best to respond--usually on your blog instead of on mine. I will, however, always answer direct questions. Due to serious time restraints, this blog is now an award free zone, but I appreciate the thought!