Thursday, August 25, 2016

The Grass is Always Greener (Episode 2) Nevernight

Thursday, August 25, 2016 12:13 AM with 4 comments
The Grass is Always Greener 

Is there anything worse than seeing a drop-dead beautiful cover only to find out that it is from another country? (Ok, yes, there are way worse things, but can we all agree that it is at least a little heartbreaking?) Like my Why, Publishers, Why?! posts this won't be a weekly feature, but every once in awhile I'm going to be focusing on beautiful covers I covet but can't have because I don't have the money I spend on books as it is, let alone books from other countries that come with international shipping charges (yet...I will be rich someday...right?). 

Today's focus: Nevernight by Jay Kristoff

26114463 29845906 

I don't hate the US cover for this book, but the UK edition is just so stunning. I seriously love everything about it: The white background, the dynamic and detailed bird (raven?), the font used for the tagline. Just everything. The font for the US title is interesting, and I like the wings, but in my mind bird > person on covers. Every time. (I'm definitely thinking about the original Raven Boys cover vs the PB edition here--that might have to be one of my Why, Publishers post). 

As always, I'd love to hear from you! Which cover do you prefer? 

4 comments:

  1. I agree that the UK version is definitely way prettier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went out of my way to spent more money on shipping and (the wait was so horrible omg cringe-worthy) to get the UK cover of Nevernight. I'm sorry I'm just not digging the US cover. Sure, i mean it does show us a lot about the main character and such but it's not like aesthetic af. LOL

    Alex @ The Book's Buzz

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looove both covers! Loved it so much I bought both editions. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both covers are striking, but you're right the UK one edges out the other big time. WOW.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, there! Thanks for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one and will do my best to respond--usually on your blog instead of on mine. I will, however, always answer direct questions. Due to serious time restraints, this blog is now an award free zone, but I appreciate the thought!