Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday (160) A Psalm for Lost Girls

Tuesday, August 2, 2016 10:46 PM with 4 comments
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases we are eagerly anticipating. Click the link to see the original post plus a whole slew of links to other blogs. After you read this one, of course.


30763905
A Psalm for Lost Girls

Author: Katie Bayerl
Publisher: G.P. Putnam
Release Date: March 14, 2017

Goodreads:

I'll Give You the Sun meets True Detective in this brilliant YA debut about saints, sisters, and learning to let go.

Tess da Costa is a saint — a hand-to-god, miracle-producing saint. At least that's what the people in her hometown of New Avon, Massachusetts, seem to believe. And when Tess suddenly and tragically passes away, her small city begins feverishly petitioning the Pope to make Tess's sainthood official. Tess's mother is ecstatic over the fervor, while her sister Callie, the one who knew Tess best, is disgusted overcome with the feeling that her sister is being stolen from her all over again.

The fervor for Tess's sainthood only grows when Ana Langone, a local girl who s been missing for six months, is found alive at the foot of one of Tess's shrines. It's the final straw for Callie.

With the help of Tess's secret boyfriend Danny, Callie's determined to prove that Tess was something far more important than a saint; she was her sister, her best friend and a girl in love with a boy. But Callie's investigation uncovers much more than she bargained for: a hidden diary, old family secrets, and even the disturbing truth behind Ana's kidnapping.

Told in alternating perspectives, A Psalm for Lost Girls is at once funny, creepy and soulful; an impressive debut from a rising literary star.

Why I'm Excited:
True Detective, eh? I loved the first season of that show (and liked the second more than most--although the first was far superior). The idea of sainthood is intriguing to me. I grew up in a Christian household, but not a Catholic one, so while I find saints incredibly interesting, I don't know as much about it as I'd like. Isn't there always so much more you could know?! I'll definitely be keeping my eyes out for this one. 

What are you waiting for on this Wednesday? Link me up!

Hey lovely GFC and new followers, please follow me by Bloglovin. (I like to follow back, so please let me know if you're a new follower--and leave a link!) Thank you!!!

4 comments:

  1. I have seen this running around a couple of times, but I think I may wait for some reviews before adding it to my TBR - it doesn't really look like my kind of thing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, this looks amazingly good! I like that there is more to Tess -- I mean, secret boyfriend? But then they went and threw in a True Detective comparison lol! after all this I hope it's just that good! :) Here's mine: http://editingeverything.com/blog/2016/08/03/waiting-wednesday-the-wonder/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is interesting! Curious about the real Tess. I hope it's as good as it sounds.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, there! Thanks for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one and will do my best to respond--usually on your blog instead of on mine. I will, however, always answer direct questions. Due to serious time restraints, this blog is now an award free zone, but I appreciate the thought!