Friday, August 12, 2016

Weekly Rewind 8.13.16

Friday, August 12, 2016 10:31 PM with 4 comments
Image result for natflixandbooks
Weekly Rewind
The new books on my shelves and my week in a nutshell.

Throughout my student teaching semester I was using my weekend post as a way to let people know what's going on in my life, so I've decided to rename my weekend post because this feature is more personal than just what books I've received. The Weekly Rewind will be about what's going on with me and my blog, as well as about the books I've added to my shelves. This post is linked to Stacking the Shelves over at Tynga's Reviews and the Sunday Post over at Caffeinated Book Reviewer.

My Life and Blog

Life: Sorry for the absence. I was on vacation last weekend and am going through some personal stuff that I'm not ready to talk about yet, which has put this blog on the back-burner. I head back down to VA on Tuesday. I have to report back to the school on Wed for a week and a half of planning and PD days. I love my school, but summer went so quickly, and I frankly don't want to spend yet another year apart from my husband. That's all I'm going to say about that. 

I did a massive clean-out of my shelves and donated a hundred books to the library. I was going to take them to Half Price Books, but knew they would probably give me, like, $15-20, and the library will be able to make much more from them during their book sale or if they put them in the system. I'm still double stacked on all four of my large bookcases, though. So. Many. Books. 

Blog and reading: I haven't posted anything in almost two weeks. I'll get back into the swing of things. I started a reread of the Jessica Darling series last week. I finished Sloppy Firsts and am on to Second Helpings. I also finished Simon vs the Homo Sapien Agenda this week. I'm still listening to Eligible, which I loved as an arc a few months ago, and am loving as an audiobook, as well.

New books: I have a handful of lovelies to share with you this week. So without further ado, I hope you are all having fabulous weekends!

 For Review

24183675 23587115 28815474

Thieving Weasels by Billy Taylor
A boy escapes his con-ridden family for an elite boarding school. His family finds him, though, and demands him help them with one last con or they will ruin his new life. 
Spontaneous by Aaron Starmer
This is about human combustion. So, yeah, I'm intrigued.
The Couple Next Door by Shari Lapena
This is a twisty novel about a crime that occurs when a couple leaves their baby while having dinner with the couple next door. 

What I Bought


The Dead House by Dawn Kurtagich
I couldn't pass this one by. I snagged this from the library when it came out and was intrigued by the story-telling, which is done through interviews and journals and other such stuff, but I didn't finish it before it was due. It came out on PB recently. 
Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea by


Image result for hologram for the king poster

Well that's it for me this week. Feel free to leave a link to whatever weekend post you do (Stacking the Shelves, In My Mailbox, etc). I love to see what books people have recently snagged and especially enjoy hearing about my fellow bloggers' weeks. I hope you are all having a fabulous weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with the new school year. I hope everything is ok regarding the personal stuff you are going through. This summer just flew by. I hope you had a great vacation. I loved the Jessica Darling series, although I need to read the last book in the series. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing to me how fast this summer has gone and- mid August? Already?? Hard to believe kids are going back to school. We don't start here until after Labor Day but still. that's right around the corner now. Hope everything works out with the personal stuff.

    Looks like good review books, I've been reading psychological thriller/ mystery type books lately and that last one looks kinda good. I don't know what Hologram for the King is about, but I usually like Tom Hanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some great books there! And you are so right about this summer! I am so ready for fall, but not necessarily to be back getting up early every morning! Hope your back to school meetings go well. I can see how it would suck to not be with your husband all the time. :-( Thanks for visiting my Sunday Post earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish you the best with your upcoming school year! I start my PD days on Wednesday as well. I can't imagine being separated from my husband though! That has to be so tough!
    I am hesitant about the new HP book as well. Many of my friends have had mixed thoughts on it!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, there! Thanks for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one and will do my best to respond--usually on your blog instead of on mine. I will, however, always answer direct questions. Due to serious time restraints, this blog is now an award free zone, but I appreciate the thought!