Friday, August 19, 2016

Weekly Rewind 8.20.16

Friday, August 19, 2016 9:21 PM with 10 comments
Image result for natflixandbooks
Weekly Rewind
The new books on my shelves and my week in a nutshell.

Throughout my student teaching semester I was using my weekend post as a way to let people know what's going on in my life, so I've decided to rename my weekend post because this feature is more personal than just what books I've received. The Weekly Rewind will be about what's going on with me and my blog, as well as about the books I've added to my shelves. This post is linked to Stacking the Shelves over at Tynga's Reviews and the Sunday Post over at Caffeinated Book Reviewer


My Life and Blog

Life: So my summer is officially over and I am back in VA. As truly thankful as I am to work for such an awesome school in such an amazing school district, I am bummed that I was yet again unable to find a job in my PA city. If you are reading this, you probably know that my husband owns his business in PA and that I have spent the past two school years apart from him because it is basically impossible to secure teaching positions there. It has been extremely hard on us and our marriage, and I am so thankful to have a partner who has been so amazing about our unfortunate situation. These last couple of days have been full of PD and teacher planning, which continues all of next week, as well. 

Blog and reading: Due to moving and going back to work, I didn't do anything with the blog this week. I have a couple of posts I hope to work on this weekend, though, so hopefully I'll have some posts up next week. I am almost finished with my re-listen of Eligible by Curtis Sittenfeld and am still in the midst of my reread of the Jessica Darling series (still on Second Helpings). I started reading Think Twice, the sequel to Don't Even Think About It, last night. 

New Books: I have a handful of pretties to share with you this week. So without further ado, I hope you are all having fabulous weekends!

For Review

23854755 24921954 28691938 
22370796 28003097 28595008

Been Here All Along by Sandy Hall
This is a LGBT romance between a boy and his bi best friend. It's getting pretty middling reviews, but almost all of them echo the sentiment of short and cute. 
The Thousandth Floor by Katharine McGee
So from what I can gather, this book is basically Gossip Girl in the future in a building with a thousand floors. 
Running Girl by Simon Mason
I love a murder mystery, and this one sounds fun. 
Just Kill Me by Adam Selzer
I was immediately drawn to this cover, plus the MC has a job with a ghost tour. 
An out and proud girl agrees to lay low for the rest of her senior year after her family moves to a small Georgia town, but then she falls in love. 
The Fixes by Owen Matthews
This is about rich kids and the rich kid ennui that takes a dark turn. It sounds interesting. 

What I Bought


99 Days  by Katie Cotugno
I read this book as an arc and really liked it. I loved the way that it was told over the course of 99 days (you know, hence the title). I couldn't wait to snag the PB. 

What I snagged from the library

29414954 29950684 

Audio:
I absolutely adore Amy Schumer. I've been a fan for years and saw her live a few years ago. I'm cheating a little bit because this is actually on hold shelf for me at the library and I didn't get there before it closed today, but this will definitely be in my hot little hands tomorrow (Sat) and I cannot wait to read it. 
Book:
Think Twice by Sarah Mlynowski
The first book in this duality, Don't Even Think About It, was really fun. These books are about a group of high school students who developed ESP after their homeroom got a bad batch of the flu shot. 

Well that's it for me this week. Feel free to leave a link to whatever weekend post you do (Stacking the Shelves, In My Mailbox, etc). I love to see what books people have recently snagged and especially enjoy hearing about my fellow bloggers' weeks. I hope you are all having a fabulous weekend!



10 comments:

  1. Hope you have a great weekend too! Sorry to hear about the distance thing- that's tough. My cousin is a teacher and had trouble finding work in his preferred area- he ended up going overseas! Hope that gets better.

    I didn't know there was a sequel to Don't Even Think About It! I thought that sounded fun even though I never got around to reading it. I may have to go read both of those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. JUST KILL ME sounds like a fun one. I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope things get better. Distance sucks. I hope you love all of your new books.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you and your husband have to be apart so much. I love the sounds of Just Kill Me and will have to add it to the wish list. Hope you have a safe and happy school year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry your summer is over! It went by too fast. :( Good luck with the new school year. I am definitely intrigued by The Thousandth Floor! Enjoy all of your books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't imagine how difficult it must be to live in a different city than your husband! I am so sorry jobs are tough to find in your city. I know the feeling-as a teacher, I had to move from OH to NC to get my first teaching job! We were there for 5 years before I could move back to OH.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Geez, that is so rough about the job. I hope you find one closer to home soon. My hubby worked in PA during the week and drove home weekends to VA, it was a hard year and how we ended up in the Midwest. Good luck with the new school year and I hope your audio is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It must be tough to live apart. Glad your partner is so understanding. Here's hoping you find a job close to home. Those are wonderful books this week. Happy reading:)

    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just Kill Me sounds really interesting! :)

    Have a great week!
    Stormi
    Week in Review

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great haul of books. I hope you enjoy them. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, there! Thanks for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one and will do my best to respond--usually on your blog instead of on mine. I will, however, always answer direct questions. Due to serious time restraints, this blog is now an award free zone, but I appreciate the thought!