Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday (29) Winter Book TBR

Tuesday, December 10, 2013 12:11 PM with 16 comments

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme/original feature hosted byThe Broke and the Bookish. Click the link to go to their site to see the original list for today plus links to a whole slew of other blogs. After you read mine, of course.


Today's topic is: Books topping my Winter's TBR pile

I've never been much for cold weather. Even though I grew up in Wyoming, I never got into outdoor Winter sports. Brrr. Instead, I would snuggle up with my favorite books. As an adult, not a whole lot has changed. I no longer leave in frigid WY, but the Northeast isn't exactly paradise. As I type this, snow is falling outside my window and all I want to do is snuggle up with a good book (although since I'm at work, that isn't really an option). Luckily, this Winter is shaping up to be a good one as far as new books are concerned, plus I have some older books lying around that I should finally have some time to read now that my student teaching semester is coming to an end. I did try to narrow this down. I really did. Sorry if it drives you crazy when people's lists are more than the allotted ten. I swear I'm not trying to be a jerk.

 These are the soon-to-be released books topping my list: 

13574417 15839984 18079501 12578370
15792316 17228280 18053047 17560541
13634097 17565845 13409664 15728577
Alienated by Melissa Landers
A girl's life changes when she is offered the chance to host the first alien exchange student. 
Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge
I have to admit I'm a little skeptical of yet another retelling of Beauty and the Beast, but that cover. Gah! How could I not give this a try?
A Mad, Wicked Folly by Sharon Biggs Waller
In the early 1900s a girl who wants to be an artist is shunned when she poses nude in an art class and brings shame to her family. 
Perfect Lies by Kiersten White
The sequel to Mind Games which I loved. I can't wait to find out what's happens with our sisters next. 
Split Second by Kasie West
The sequel to Pivot Point...which I loved. Um, I can't wait to find out what happens next (not to sound like a broken record. I have too much on my mind to be super original right now). 
Better Off Friends by Elizabeth Eulberg
I'm imagining Harry Met Sally for teens. 
Maybe One Day by Melissa Kantor
I usually shy away from sad books, but this one about a girl who's best friend has cancer sounds really good for some reason. 
Don't Even Think About It by Sarah Mylnowski
A flu shot gives a group of high school kids the ability to read minds. Seriously, that sounds so fun. I've been a fan of Ms. Mylonwski since her Red Dress Ink days. 
Bright Before Sunrise by Tiffany Schmidt
I'm excited to read this romance that takes place over the course of one evening.
Panic by Lauren Oliver
I'm excited for this book about graduating seniors who play some sort of traditional, mysterious game. 
Nearly Gone by Elle Cosimano
The blurb is this: Bones meets Fringe in a big, dark, scary brilliantly-plotted urban triller that will leave you guessing until the very end. Um, yes, please!
Side Effects May Vary by Julie Murphy
A girl with leukemia enacts a bucket list full of revenge against those who she feels deserves some comeuppance, only to find out that she is going to beat her cancer. 

Older books I plan to read over Christmas break because I'll finally have some time to read:

7664334 16250900 17623975

Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson
This book has been on my TBR for a ridiculously long time. I have it checked out, so I'm ready to go. 
Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein
This one is a little embarrassing. I have literally had this book checked out for, like, four solid months. Every time I run out of renewals, I check it in and then back out. I will read this over break. 
Just One Day by Gayle Forman
I bought this one fairly recently. I've heard nothing but good things. 

So that's what I'll be reading over these next few months. What books are topping your Winter pile? Link me up!

Hey lovely GFC and new followers, please follow me by Bloglovin as we all know Google Reader has gone/is going by the wayside. (I like to follow back, so please let me know if you're a new follower--and leave a link!) Thank you!!!

16 comments:

  1. Most of these are in my TBR pile! Especially excited for Alienated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really excited about a bunch of the books on your list (Mad Wicked Folly, Split Second, Better Off Friends, Bright Before Sunrise, and Side Effects May Vary). And I'm jealous you get to read those three older books for the first time, those are some of my all time favorites so I hope you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! Panic and Alienated are both on my TBR list. I still have to read Pivot Point, but I'm sure Split Second will be on my TBR list as well.

    Here is my TTT: http://jacquesbooknook.blogspot.com/2013/12/top-ten-tuesday-books-on-my-winter-to.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Amy and Roger! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. I'm currently reading Code Name Verity and it's good so far, a little on the slow side but I don't think that's a bad thing. I'm looking forward to reading Better Off Friends, so I can't wait to read your thoughts on it. Happy reading, it looks like you've got a great pile to choose from!

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cruel Beauty has an amazing cover I definitely need to check that one out. I bought Just One Day the other day and I'm really looking forward to it! Great list :)

    Lovely blog btw! New follower, both GFC and bloglovin' :)

    Becca @ Lost in Thought
    http://lostinthought-becca.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/top-ten-tuesday-winter-tbr.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I approve of all of your book choices! I have some of them on my list as well! So many good ones coming out!
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm excited about ALIENATED and CRUEL BEAUTY as well.

    And you are going to have great Christmas break reading with both Code Name Verity and Just One Day!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to read Better Off Friends! Also, you must read Amy & Roger--it is sooo good. I liked Just One Day is also really good--I hope you enjoy it! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic list. I also want to read Cruel Beauty! I can't wait. I still haven't read Code Name Verity either. I really want to, especially I'm so behind as it was an ARC!! :( I need to prioritize more! :)
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm hoping to read Code Name Verity before too long as well. And I'm also looking forward to Split Second!

    ReplyDelete
  11. haha I feel like I'll be the same way once my class for this semester is over and want ALL the books. :)
    I'm also pretty excited for Cruel Beauty, A Mad, Wicked Folly, and Split Second. And you really do need to read Code Name Verity. It's wonderful, but probably one of those books best read when you're not multitasking between tons of other activities.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amy & Roger is sooo cute! I did the audio, but I still wish I had a finished copy because of all of the cute tidbits like restaurant menus, receipts, etc. :) I can't wait for Split Second, either. I'll read anything and everything Kasie West writes. And I have Bright Before Sunrise on my list, too...I hope it's as adorable as it sounds. I loved her debut. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really great choices! You have a few there (Alienated, Cruel Beauty, Side Effects) that are on my to-read list as well. Plus, I really hope you finally get around to Code Name Verity and Just One Day! I loved them both. :)

    Lisa
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Alienated, Perfect Lies, Split Second, Panic, Better Off Friends, Bright Before Sunrise...I want to read all of those! And Amy & Roger...such a good book. Great list! ~Pam

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cruel Beauty and Alienated and Panic are definitely on my list because I Have ARCs and pretty much all the books on my TTT this week are ARCs. That's what happens when you have zero willpower. Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, there! Thanks for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one and will do my best to respond--usually on your blog instead of on mine. I will, however, always answer direct questions. Due to serious time restraints, this blog is now an award free zone, but I appreciate the thought!