Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Waiting for Wednesday (35) Summer on the Short Bus

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 9:43 AM with 10 comments
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases we are eagerly anticipating. Click the link to see the original post plus a whole slew of links to other blogs. After you read this one, of course.



13635790 Summer on the Short Bus

Author: Bethany Crandell
Publisher: Running Press Kids
Release Date: April 1, 2014

Synopsis from Goodreads:

Spoiled, Versace-clad Cricket Montgomery has seventeen years of pampering under her belt. So when her father decides to ship her off to a summer camp for disabled teens to help her learn some accountability, Cricket resigns herself to three weeks of handicapped hell.

Her sentence takes a bearable turn as she discovers the humor and likeability of the campers and grows close to fellow counselors. Now, if she can just convince a certain Zac Efron look-alike with amazing blue eyes that she finally realizes there's life after Gucci, this summer could turn out to be the best she's ever had.

Summer on the Short Bus is a very non-P.C., contemporary YA with a lot of attitude, tons of laughs, and a little life lesson along the way.
   
Why I'm Excited:

This sounds funny and cute and heart-string pull-y. I love a good summer camp story and this one sounds so original and more...heart-warming than most. Plus any mention of Zac Efron gets my attention. Definitely keeping my eye out for this one.

What are you waiting for on this Wednesday? Link me up! 

Hey lovely GFC and new followers, please follow me by Bloglovin as we all know Google Reader has gone/is going by the wayside. (I like to follow back, so please let me know if you're a new follower--and leave a link!) Thank you!!!

10 comments:

  1. I've seen it once or twice, but never paid that much attention to it. From the cover, I wouldn't have guessed how good it seems. Great pick. :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  2. The description sounds really cute. I never would have guessed what it was about based on the title. I hope you enjoy it!!

    Here is my WoW: http://jacquesbooknook.blogspot.com/2013/12/waiting-on-wednesday-this-side-of.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun cover, and it sounds like it will be a good one. Great pick.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really excited for this one too! It sounds so cute and I have a few author pals who have been excited about this one for ages! I'm sure it's gonna be a good one!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one is new to me! It sounds really good. I hope you enjoy reading it!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds brilliant! Summer camp stories are great. Thanks for the introduction!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds great! I am definitely going to add to my TBR -- thanks for sharing!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome pick! I have this guy scheduled as my WoW for in a few weeks haha. I love the cover, it looks so adorable!
    Thanks for sharing & stopping by Bookmunchies (:

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is new-to-me and I love the sound of it. I will read anything that takes place at summer camp; plus, the story sounds really unconventional…definitely checking it out! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, this actually does sound cute. Going off the title and cover, I'd passed on it a few times, but I actually read the synopsis, and you're right. I'll probably enjoy it when I'm in the mood for a book that tugs on the heartstrings. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello, there! Thanks for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one and will do my best to respond--usually on your blog instead of on mine. I will, however, always answer direct questions. Due to serious time restraints, this blog is now an award free zone, but I appreciate the thought!