Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme/original feature hosted byThe Broke and the Bookish. Click the link to go to their site to see the original list for today plus links to a whole slew of other blogs. After you read mine, of course.
Today's topic is: Top ten new-to-me authors of 2013
1. Amy Spalding: I absolutely adored The Reece Malcolm List and thought Ink is Thicker Than Water was a good, too. I love that her focus is more on family relationships which is rare in YA.
2. Kasie West: With Pivot Point and The Distance Between Us Kasie West quickly jumped up my favorite authors list. I cannot wait to get my hands on Split Second.
3. Victoria Schwab: Vicious knocked me off my feet. I loved this dark, original tale and definitely plan on going back to read some of her older books (including The Archived which also came out this year).
4. Jessi Kirby: I loved Golden. Again, I haven't read anything else by this author yet, but I certainly plan to.
5. Andrew Smith: Winger is such a funny, but gut-wrenching read. I'll definitely pick up more from Mr. Smith.
6. Jennifer E. Smith: I know Ms. Smith has quite a few books under her belt, but This is What Happy was the first book of hers that I read. It won't be the last!
7. Kiersten White: I never got into Ms. White's Paranormalcy series, but I loved Mind Games and cannot wait for the sequel.
8. Stephen Chbosky: Yes, I finally read Perks of Being a Wallflower this year. It was pretty awesome.
9. Rainbow Rowell: I tried 3 times to read Eleanor & Park and just couldn't get into it for the life of me, so I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed Fangirl.
10. Lauren Morrill: Being Sloane Jacobs was a fluffy, fun read. I haven't read Meant to Be yet, but I do have it checked out from the library.
So those are the new-to-me authors I liked discovering the most this year. Who did you discover? Link me up!
Hey lovely readers, I love meeting new bloggers. If you decide to follow, my preference is through Bloglovin'. If you are a new follower, please let me know and leave a link so that I can follow back. Thanks!