Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday (30) Top Ten New-to-Me Authors of 2013

Tuesday, December 17, 2013 10:01 AM with 20 comments


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme/original feature hosted byThe Broke and the Bookish. Click the link to go to their site to see the original list for today plus links to a whole slew of other blogs. After you read mine, of course.



Today's topic is:  Top ten new-to-me authors of 2013

1. Amy Spalding: I absolutely adored The Reece Malcolm List and thought Ink is Thicker Than Water was a good, too. I love that her focus is more on family relationships which is rare in YA.
 The Reece Malcolm ListInk is Thicker Than Water  

2. Kasie West: With Pivot Point and The Distance Between Us Kasie West quickly jumped up my favorite authors list. I cannot wait to get my hands on Split Second.
Pivot Point (Pivot Point, #1) The Distance Between Us 

3. Victoria Schwab: Vicious knocked me off my feet. I loved this dark, original tale and definitely plan on going back to read some of her older books (including The Archived which also came out this year).
Vicious 

4. Jessi Kirby: I loved Golden. Again, I haven't read anything else by this author yet, but I certainly plan to.
Golden 

5. Andrew Smith: Winger is such a funny, but gut-wrenching read. I'll definitely pick up more from Mr. Smith.
Winger 

6. Jennifer E. Smith: I know Ms. Smith has quite a few books under her belt, but This is What Happy was the first book of hers that I read. It won't be the last!
This Is What Happy Looks Like 

7. Kiersten White: I never got into Ms. White's Paranormalcy series, but I loved Mind Games and cannot wait for the sequel.
Mind Games (Mind Games, #1) 

8. Stephen Chbosky: Yes, I finally read Perks of Being a Wallflower this year. It was pretty awesome. 
The Perks of Being a Wallflower 

9. Rainbow Rowell: I tried 3 times to read Eleanor & Park and just couldn't get into it for the life of me, so I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed Fangirl.
Fangirl 

10. Lauren Morrill: Being Sloane Jacobs was a fluffy, fun read. I haven't read Meant to Be yet, but I do have it checked out from the library. 
Being Sloane Jacobs

So those are the new-to-me authors I liked discovering the most this year. Who did you discover? Link me up!

Hey lovely readers, I love meeting new bloggers. If you decide to follow, my preference is through Bloglovin'. If you are a new follower, please let me know and leave a link so that I can follow back. Thanks!

20 comments:

  1. Awesome list! I want to read Kasie West's books so bad they look awesome! I really liked Paranormalcy so I think I'll like Mind Games as well. There are just so many books that I still need to read!

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Rainbow Rowell is making just about everyone's list this week. I still need to read Kasie West and Jennifer E. Smith's books. I have both of them on my TBR list.

    Here is my TTT: http://jacquesbooknook.blogspot.com/2013/12/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-new-to-me.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've really been wanting to read Vicious -- so glad to see it on your list! I really enjoyed Jennifer E. Smith's books as well. Great list -- I see a few I need to read!

    Lisa @ Bookshelf Fantasies

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, Amy Spalding is great! I can't wait to read Ink is Thicker than Water.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just commented on another blog that I don't know how I forgot Kasie West, I loved Pivot Point and really liked The Distance Between Us. I have Amy Spalding and Rainbow Rowell on my list, too. Great list! As always!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list! I have yet to read Kasie West, but I'm really looking forward to it. I heard those books are fantastic. And I am also looking forward to Jennifer E. Smith's books too. I'm glad we match on Rainbow Rowell! :) Thanks for stopping by my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rainbow Rowell made my list---I can't wait to read Fangirl! I LOVE Jessi Kirby…Golden was one of my favorites of the year. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved Fangirl too! This Is What Happy Looks Like is super cute and I need to read more of Smith's works. Jessi Kirby and Victoria Schwab are on the top of my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was really hoping to get to Pivot Point this year as so many people loved it, but I doubt I've got the time, so it'll have to wait until 2014. I've heard great things about Jessi Kirby too, so I'll definitely be picking up one of her books next year too.

    Thanks for stopping by my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great list -- Rainbow made my list, too! I really want to read Kasie West

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  11. The only book I've read on your list is Perks! Gah, I love it so much! Also I read Chaos of the Stars by Kristien White and liked it.
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Kasie West. I haven't read any books by Amy Spalding yet, but it sounds like I need to. And I really enjoyed Vicious, it was just so different. Lauren Morrill...I actually liked Meant To Be more than Being Sloane Jacobs, hope you enjoy it! And Rainbow Rowell is fantastic...great list! ~Pam

    ReplyDelete
  13. Several similarities between our lists. I recommend The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight. My friend and I loved it even more than This Is What Happy Looks Like!

    Samantha @ Reading-AndCoffee

    ReplyDelete
  14. I discovered Rainbow Rowell and Victoria Schwab in 2013 too. I still need to read Vicious, but I have it coming up and I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've heard great things about Amy Spalding - I'll have to read her works the next time I feel like going on a YA contemp binge. :) Victoria Schwab is another author I've been meaning to read but haven't just yet. Soon, hopefully! I loved West's Pivot Point but haven't read her contemp yet. Looks like the majority of your favorite authors this year are contemp writers - probably the reason I haven't read too many of them!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Rainbow Rowell was on my list too. There are so many books on this list I want to get around to reading, but my TBR pile is just so long! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I haven't read Jennifer E. Smith yet, despite the fact that I have The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight sitting on my shelf. I'll be sure to read it next year!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great picks. I loved Perks, such a great read. I really, really need to get to Marissa Meyer and Kasie West next year. I have heard nothing but amazing things about their books. New GFC follower. My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I loved both Fangirl and Eleanor & Park, Rainbow Rowell made my list too! I had read White before but I was pleasantly surprised with Mind Games! I really enjoyed it, I can't wait for the next one.

    Ashley @ The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yes, you must read Meant to Be....so adorable! A lot of these were new to me authors this year, too, and I'm a huge fan now that I (finally, in some cases) gave them a chance.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, there! Thanks for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one and will do my best to respond--usually on your blog instead of on mine. I will, however, always answer direct questions. Due to serious time restraints, this blog is now an award free zone, but I appreciate the thought!