Monday, October 26, 2015

TTT: Favorite Creepy Covers

Monday, October 26, 2015 8:25 PM with 8 comments

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme/original feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Click the link to go to their site to see the original list for today plus links to a whole slew of other blogs. After you read mine, of course.



Today's topic: Halloween Freebie/Favorite Creepy Covers

If you follow me at all, you know I never pass up the opportunity to share my favorite covers of books. I love me a creepy cover, and thankfully there are a lot of very cool ones to choose from.

7507908 9256414 9460487 289601 
20527879 8591107 25496559 17381989
22550839 9378297 9917957 17998474

The Replacement by Breanna Yovanoff
I really like all of her covers, but this one is my favorite. The muted colors. How just seriously unsettling it is to see weapons hovering above an old-fashioned buggy.
Hereafter by Tara Hudson
I LOVE how you can see the water and trees through her dress.
I struggled with this one, and eventually put it down, put I really do love this cover.
A Certain Slant of Light by Laura Whitcomb
While I adore baths, I can't help but sometimes think of that scene in A Nightmare on Elm Street. Or Rita from the show Dexter. Whatever is going on here doesn't look very good.
They All Fall Down by Roxanne St. Clair
This is seriously one of my favorite covers ever. I seriously don't know why. Anybody watching Scream Queens? That shows reminds me of this cover.
The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
While beautiful, this cover really is creepy. He's totally pulling her down.
The Dogs by Alan Stratton
I do not want to be anywhere near that house.
Followers by Anna Davies
I would definitely cross the street to avoid these girls.
What Waits in the Woods by Kieran Scott
Bad shit, I'm guessing.
Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake
I have to admit that I wasn't a fan of this book, but I do love that cover.
Drink, Slay, Love by Sarah Beth Durst
More cheeky than creepy, but I couldn't resist. The book itself is super fun, too.
After the Woods by Kim Savage
This is one of my most anticipated books from 2016 so far. The cover is lovely, but definitely has a creep factor.

That's it for me. What did you do with your freebie week? Link me up!

Hey lovely readers. I love meeting and connecting with new bloggers. If you decide to follow, my preferred method is Bloglovin'. Let me know if you are a new follower as I follow back. Thank you!

8 comments:

  1. The Followers does have an incredibly creepy cover! Great picks. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah Followers!! That girl is scary! Also A Certain Slant of Light! Great choices :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey thank you for listing After the Woods here! It's an honor, and also super-timely: just found out the same art designer is doing Book 2! Yay! Cheers, Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. I swear I have seen that kid on The Followers in my neighborhood! I think books with evil kids are some of the scariest. You should try The Ice Twins....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think some of these are creepier than others because they aren't see often. I love They All Fall Down cover and it definitely reminds me of Scream Queens!

    ReplyDelete
  6. the followers is my favorite along with they all fall down truly fantastic on the creepy level :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really liked The Replacement, I thought it was original and the cover is stark and haunting. I LOVE the Mara Dyer Trilogy, it's amazing and creepy and cute and a lot of things all at once.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Replacement cover is seriously so creepy, I can hardly look at it when I see it pop up. But what a PERFECT pick for the TTT topic!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, there! Thanks for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one and will do my best to respond--usually on your blog instead of on mine. I will, however, always answer direct questions. Due to serious time restraints, this blog is now an award free zone, but I appreciate the thought!