Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday (168) Hello, Sunshine

Wednesday, October 12, 2016 7:22 AM with 3 comments
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases we are eagerly anticipating. Click the link to see the original post plus a whole slew of links to other blogs. After you read this one, of course.


22667806
Hello, Sunshine

Author: Leila Howard

Publisher: Disney-Hyperion
Release Date: July 11, 2017

Goodreads:

A Prep School Girl with a Hollywood Dream

Becca Harrington is a reject. After being rebuffed by every college on her list, she needs a fresh start, so she packs up everything and moves to LA, giving herself one year to land an acting gig or kill herself trying.

Unfortunately, not everything turns out as planned, and after a few grueling months, LA is looking like the worst idea ever. As hard as she tries, Becca can’t land an agent, she's running out of cash, and her mom is hounding her to apply to more schools. In an act of desperation, Becca and her friend Marisol start posting short videos online—with the help of their adorable filmmaker neighbor, Raj—and the videos catch the attention of a TV producer. Could this be it? Her big break? Or will she have to move back home with nothing but some bad head shots and a monstrous credit-card bill?

Becca may not get the Hollywood ending she was hoping for, but perhaps she’ll learn there’s more than one way to achieve her dream.

Readers will love every page of this funny, romantic, aspirational, and ultimately triumphant novel about a girl who just wants to make it on her own.
 


Why I'm Excited:
This sounds adorable and I love that colorful cover. I love reading about that just out of high school age group and wish there were more books about them without being tragic NA books. I'll definitely be keeping my eyes out for this one. 

What are you waiting for on this Wednesday? Link me up!

3 comments:

  1. I am so excited for this one as well! I love Howland's novels, so this will be an auto-buy for me! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book has a Morgan Matson feel to it, in terms of the cover! I'd not heard of this book or author before. It sounds great! I hope you enjoy this book when you get a chance to read it!

    Have a fabulous week. :)

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like fun! I hope you'll enjoy it, Natalie!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, there! Thanks for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one and will do my best to respond--usually on your blog instead of on mine. I will, however, always answer direct questions. Due to serious time restraints, this blog is now an award free zone, but I appreciate the thought!