Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday (173) First We Were IV

Wednesday, November 16, 2016 7:07 AM with 3 comments
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases we are eagerly anticipating. Click the link to see the original post plus a whole slew of links to other blogs. After you read this one, of course.


32259911
First We Were IV

Author: Alexandra Sirowy
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Release Date: July 25, 2017

Goodreads:

It started for pranks, fun, and forever memories.
A secret society – for the four of us. 


The rules: Never lie. Never tell. Love each other.


We made the pledge and danced under the blood moon on the meteorite in the orchard. In the spot we found the dead girl five years earlier. And discovered the ancient drawings way before that. 


Nothing could break the four of us apart – I thought.


But then, others wanted in. Our seaside town had secrets. History.


We wanted revenge.


We broke the rules. We lied. We told. We loved each other too much, not enough, and in ways we weren’t supposed to. 


Our invention ratcheted out of control.


What started as a secret society, ended as justice. Revenge. Death. Rebellion.


Why I'm Excited:
Ok, so this cover is seriously amateur-hour, but I will always pick up a book if it's about a secret society. I haven't read anything by this author despite owning both of her previous offerings. I'm definitely excited for this one, though, and will be keeping my eyes open for it. 

What are you waiting for on this Wednesday? Link me up!

3 comments:

  1. Haha, your comment about the cover made me LOL. My thoughts exactly, but the premise is interesting! Thanks for putting this one on my radar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. heh, aww I don't mind the cover personally. But the synopsis is what really intrigues!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL - The cover isn't great, but the story sounds intriguing. I'm going to keep an eye out for this one as well.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, there! Thanks for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one and will do my best to respond--usually on your blog instead of on mine. I will, however, always answer direct questions. Due to serious time restraints, this blog is now an award free zone, but I appreciate the thought!