Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Waiting on Wednesday (182) Genuine Fraud

Tuesday, February 21, 2017 9:20 PM with 4 comments
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases we are eagerly anticipating. Click the link to see the original post plus a whole slew of links to other blogs. After you read this one, of course.


33843362
Genuine Fraud

Author: e. lockhart

Publisher: Delacorte
Release Date: September 5, 2017

Goodreads:


From the author of the unforgettable New York Times bestseller We Were Liars comes a masterful new psychological suspense novel—the story of a young woman whose diabolical smarts are her ticket into a charmed life. But how many times can someone reinvent themselves? You be the judge.

Imogen is a runaway heiress, an orphan, a cook, and a cheat.
Jule is a fighter, a social chameleon, and an athlete. 
An intense friendship. A disappearance. A murder, or maybe two. 
A bad romance, or maybe three.
Blunt objects, disguises, blood, and chocolate. The American dream, superheroes, spies, and villains. 
A girl who refuses to give people what they want from her.
A girl who refuses to be the person she once was.



Why I'm Excited: I love e. lockhart. She's one of my very favorite authors (The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks is in my top 3 of all time). It's intriguing to me the new path her writing seems to be taking with We Were Liars, and now this. I'm know I'm not introducing you to a book you haven't seen yet this week, but I simply cannot wait to get my hands on this book. This is truly a book I am very much waiting for. 

What are you waiting for on this Wednesday? Link me up!

4 comments:

  1. I've definitely seen this book before (one does not simply forget a cover is cut hair on it, LOL), but I've not read anything by this author! Oh, she's the author of We Were Liars, interesting... I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it, Nat!

    Have a great week. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been seeing that pattern as well, Nat. I hope it lives up to We Were Liars.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea that Lockhart had a new novel coming out! We Were Liars really intrigued me, so I will have to check this one out. Thanks for putting it on my radar!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been seeing this book around more, and I'm curious, though it's not a typical genre read for me. Hope you enjoy this one! :D

    Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete

Hello, there! Thanks for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one and will do my best to respond--usually on your blog instead of on mine. I will, however, always answer direct questions. Due to serious time restraints, this blog is now an award free zone, but I appreciate the thought!