Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday (67) The Rules

Wednesday, September 10, 2014 6:27 AM with 8 comments
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases we are eagerly anticipating. Click the link to see the original post plus a whole slew of links to other blogs. After you read this one, of course.


22611701 The Rules
 
Authors: Nancy Holder and Debbie Viguie
Publisher: Delacorte
Release Date: June 23, 2015

Link to Goodreads:

Narrated by alternating unreliable narrators, this dark thriller will have readers on the edge of their seats. No one is safe and everyone is a suspect. It's Saw meets I Know What You Did Last Summer.

Junior Robin Brisset has no idea what she's in for when she accepts an invitation to one of Callabrese High's most exclusive parties. And when the trademark scavenger hunt begins, Robin must go against every rule she's lived by to survive.









   
Why I'm Excited:

I love a good creeper and seeing the comparison of this to Saw definitely gave me pause. The come out, come out on the cover is seriously creepy, too. Throw in multiple unreliable narrators and a scavenger hunt and I am sold. I don't adore this cover, but the girl is sufficiently terrifying. What is it with young girls with long, dark hair (sorry brunettes, no offense, I think dark hair is gorgeous)? Ever since The Ring, man. Definitely excited to read this one.

What are you waiting for on this Wednesday? Link me up!

Hey lovely GFC and new followers, please follow me by Bloglovin as we all know Google Reader has gone/is going by the wayside. (I like to follow back, so please let me know if you're a new follower--and leave a link!) Thank you!!!



8 comments:

  1. Oh, wow! This sounds so creepy and I wish it were coming out orotund Halloween! An unreliable narrator can make things so edge-of-your-seat, if done well. This kind of reminds me of The Killing Woods a bit and that cover is scary…for real! Ha. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was our pick a week or two ago! It looks so good and can't wait to get it!

    Our WoW @ Lazy Book Lovers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, this book sounds soo great. I can't believe we'll still have to wait so much time until it's released. Love the cover too.
    Great pick!
    My WoW: http://reading-is-dreaming-with-open-eyes.blogspot.hu/2014/09/waiting-on-wednesday-13.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even the synopsis freaks me out! I love reading books like this around Sep/Oct so I always wonder why they are sometimes released in the middle of summer like this one. :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so good!
    really great choice!

    http://daydreamern.blogspot.com/2014/09/the-impossible-hope.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do like unreliable narrators so I'll have to check this one out. Great pick! ~Pam

    ReplyDelete
  7. You always have the best WoWs! I'm sufficiently creeped out by this. I was all in the second I read "unreliable narrators" but then the Saw comparison gave me pause, too...but not in a good way. I used to love horror movies, but somewhere along the way -- probably when I saw Jeepers Creepers and had nightmares for a week straight or when those mother frackin' clowns chased me out of a haunted house a little bit later -- I decided they weren't for me anymore. Still, that cover is freaky. Might make an exception for this one.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, there! Thanks for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one and will do my best to respond--usually on your blog instead of on mine. I will, however, always answer direct questions. Due to serious time restraints, this blog is now an award free zone, but I appreciate the thought!