Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday (75) Saint Anything

Tuesday, November 11, 2014 9:49 PM with 7 comments

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases we are eagerly anticipating. Click the link to see the original post plus a whole slew of links to other blogs. After you read this one, of course.


23009402 Saint Anything
 
Authors: Sarah Dessen 
Publisher: Viking
Release Date: May 5, 2015

Link to Goodreads:

Peyton, Sydney's charismatic older brother, has always been the star of the family, receiving the lion's share of their parents' attention and—lately—concern. When Peyton's increasingly reckless behavior culminates in an accident, a drunk driving conviction, and a jail sentence, Sydney is cast adrift, searching for her place in the family and the world. When everyone else is so worried about Peyton, is she the only one concerned about the victim of the accident?

Enter the Chathams, a warm, chaotic family who run a pizza parlor, play bluegrass on weekends, and pitch in to care for their mother, who has multiple sclerosis. Here Sydney experiences unquestioning acceptance. And here she meets Mac, gentle, watchful, and protective, who makes Sydney feel seen, really seen, for the first time.

The uber-popular Sarah Dessen explores her signature themes of family, self-discovery, and change in her twelfth novel, sure to delight her legions of fans.

Why I'm excited: Look, I know I'm not showing you anything you haven't seen before this week, but it's Sarah Dessen! And it finally has a cover! (Albeit a pretty generic, snooze-ville cover.) While I don't always LOVE her novels, I do admire how Ms. Dessen really tackles family relationships. If there is an absentee parent, it doesn't feel like it is just for convenience. She really understands true family dynamics which is truly spectacular gift for a YA author. In addition, I just cannot stomach any new series right now, so I'm flocking to contemporary stand-alones now more than ever.  I cannot wait to get my hands on this one. Nothing says summer like a new S.D. novel. 

Hey lovely GFC and new followers, please follow me by Bloglovin. (I like to follow back, so please let me know if you're a new follower--and leave a link!) Thank you!!!



7 comments:

  1. Oh snap! A new Dessen book?! Whelp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost chose this one for this week, I'm excited as well. I really enjoy how she does family dynamics, and relationships in general. I am underwhelmed by the cover though, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES! I love Dessen and my summer is never complete without reading one of her books. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never read anything by Sarah Dessen, but I do own a few of her books and they're just sitting on my shelf... I've heard nothing but great things though! I think I'll have to put this one on my list!

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That cover is glorious and I've been wanting new Sarah, so yay!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great choice! I'm excited too! I love Dessen books, some more than others but she's always an author I'm not afraid to pick up because there will be SOMETHING that I love about her book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just recently read Sarah Dessen for the first time and I binge-read about seven of her novels. There's a certain formula to them, but I really enjoyed them. I'll definitely be reading this one. Great pick! ~Pam

    ReplyDelete

Hello, there! Thanks for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one and will do my best to respond--usually on your blog instead of on mine. I will, however, always answer direct questions. Due to serious time restraints, this blog is now an award free zone, but I appreciate the thought!