Tuesday, April 21, 2015

TTT: Favorite All-Time Authors

Tuesday, April 21, 2015 7:20 AM with 9 comments

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme/original feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Click the link to go to their site to see the original list for today plus links to a whole slew of other blogs. After you read mine, of course.



Today's topic: All-time favorite authors
I know I'm not the only one who struggled putting this list together. So hard! Here's the best I can do. 


1. Margaret Atwood
Ms. Atwood is the queen. While I don't always love every single thing she writes, I have mad respect for this genius, prolific woman. The Robber Bride and The Blind Assassin are two of my all-time favorite novels. I cannot recommend them enough.

17650 8960262 51019 38447


2. Megan McCafferty
The Jessica Darling series is my favorite series. I love JD, and Marcus--swoon. 

138202 9637944 199688 
199686 3996887 

3. e. lockhart
One of my favorite characters of all time was created by e. lockhart: Frankie Landau-Banks. I also really enjoyed the Ruby Oliver series and We Are Liars.

1629601 301022 16143347 

4. J.K. Rowling
I cannot get enough of Harry Potter. 

18362144


5. Meg Cabot
From The Princess Diaries to the "Boy" series to Heather Wells, I love Meg Cabot's fun, fluffy style.

23220 227464199784 23215471 

6. Tom Perrotta
I have so much love for Election. I read it probably once a year. LOVE.

51005 37426 28289 

7. Sophie Kinsella
I liked the first few Shopaholic books, but love the stand-alone novels. 

1241074 33724 12033455 

8. Kasie West
Fairly new on the scene, but she has already become and auto-buy. I love her characters and story-lines.

11988046 15283043 18298225 

9. Stephanie Perkins
This woman can write a romance. 

17453983 996179620309175 

10. Bret Easton Ellis 
I can't stomach what he's been putting out lately, but my love for Less Than Zero and Rules of Attraction easily lands him on this list (American Psycho is pretty amazing, too, in a totally depraved way). 

12562487 9912 28676 

Well that's it for me. Who are your all-time favorite authors? Link me up!

Hey lovely readers: I love meeting new bloggers. If you decide to follow, my preference is through Bloglovin'. If you are a new follower, please let me know and leave a link so that I can follow back. Thanks! 

9 comments:

  1. I definitely agree with you about Stephanie Perkins, I absolutely love Anna and Etienne. And I still need to read some Kasie West books. Everybody's reviews of her books have been amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE Harry Potter! Every time I think of that series I'm amazed at how much world building she did and how cool all those ideas were.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list!! I included Stephanie Perkins a well. I could have included Sophie Kinsella as well and I loved We Were Liars. Several of E. Lockharts other books are now on my TBR list.

    Here is my TTT: http://jacquesbooknook.blogspot.com/2015/04/top-ten-tuesday-favorite-authors.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love love love Meg Cabot and all the books I've read by her, besides the vampire ones, those were horrible. I've only read two Sophie Kinsella novels but I loved them! Can You Keep a Secret was my favorite, though. Stephanie Perkins' romances are so adorable.
    Lovely list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been meaning to read something by Atwood for some time now. I love your list, btw!

    My T10T: http://tsundokubooks.blogspot.com/2015/04/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-favorite-authors.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice diverse list! I'm happy to see JK Rowling, Meg Cabot, and Stephanie Perkins here. Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Since I just finished Harry Potter for the first time I have become like everyone else in needing more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore West's paranormal fiction she wrote. I am really going to have to pick up her contemporary novels as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kasie West and Stephanie Perkins…love both of them. Bret Easton Ellis. Agreed, loved Less Than Zero and Rules of Attraction, but after that? Ugh, no thanks. I used to love Jay McInerney too, they definitely have a lot in common (or at least they did). ~Pam

    ReplyDelete

Hello, there! Thanks for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one and will do my best to respond--usually on your blog instead of on mine. I will, however, always answer direct questions. Due to serious time restraints, this blog is now an award free zone, but I appreciate the thought!