Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday (127) The Inside of Out

Tuesday, December 1, 2015 11:49 PM with 4 comments
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases we are eagerly anticipating. Click the link to see the original post plus a whole slew of links to other blogs. After you read this one, of course.


27155350
The Inside of Out

Author: Jenn Marie Thorne
Publisher: Dial
Release Date: July 12, 2016

Synopsis from Goodreads:

Meg Cabot meets Glee in this breezy, hilarious, deceptively smart YA about privilege,
pretense, and realizing that every story needs a hero. Sometimes it's just not you.


When her best friend Hannah comes out the day before junior year, Daisy is so ready to let her ally flag fly that even a second, way more blindsiding confession can't derail her smiling determination to fight for gay rights. Before you can spell LGBTQIA, Daisy's leading the charge to end their school’s antiquated ban on same-sex dates at dances—starting with homecoming. And if people assume Daisy herself is gay? Meh, so what. It's all for the cause. What Daisy doesn't expect is for "the cause” to blow up—starting with Adam, the cute college journalist whose interview with Daisy for his university paper goes viral, catching fire in the national media. #Holy #cats. With the story spinning out of control, protesters gathering, Hannah left in the dust of Daisy’s good intentions, and Daisy's mad attraction to Adam feeling like an inconvenient truth, Daisy finds herself caught between her bold plans, her bad decisions, and her big fat mouth
 

Why I'm excited:
I'm always drawn to books about "privilege." I've probably read the book Prep a dozen times because I find the examination of class so interesting. This sounds adorable to boot. I love a good Meg Cabot book, so any reference to her will give me pause. I've actually gotten away from cutesy contemporaries lately (they used to be my go-to), but I still like a fluffy read every once in awhile. So I'll definitely be keeping my eyes out for this one.

What are you waiting for on this Wednesday? Link me up!

Hey lovely GFC and new followers, please follow me by Bloglovin. (I like to follow back, so please let me know if you're a new follower--and leave a link!) Thank you!!!

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow, the story sounds so great, the cover is absolutely adorable---I've never heard of this one! Thanks for bringing it to my attention, Natalie! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds so good -- it's a great pick! I should read more Meg Cabot definitely. Nods. Here's mine: http://editingeverything.com/blog/2015/12/02/wow-good-money-by-jm-green/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pick, Natalie. I am always on the hunt for a more "serious" summertime read. I love the cover as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds so good and I love that cover! Great pick!

    my WoW

    ReplyDelete

Hello, there! Thanks for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one and will do my best to respond--usually on your blog instead of on mine. I will, however, always answer direct questions. Due to serious time restraints, this blog is now an award free zone, but I appreciate the thought!