Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Waiting on Wednesday (188)

Wednesday, April 12, 2017 12:45 AM with 6 comments
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases we are eagerly anticipating. Click the link to see the original post plus a whole slew of links to other blogs. After you read this one, of course.


33640512
Speak Easy, Speak Love

Author: McKelle George

Publisher: Greenwillow
Release Date: September 19, 2017

Goodreads:

Six teenagers’ lives intertwine during one thrilling summer full of romantic misunderstandings and dangerous deals in this sparkling retelling of Shakespeare’s Much Ado About Nothing.

After she gets kicked out of boarding school, seventeen-year-old Beatrice goes to her uncle’s estate on Long Island. But Hey Nonny Nonny is more than just a rundown old mansion. Beatrice’s cousin, Hero, runs a struggling speakeasy out of the basement—one that might not survive the summer. Along with Prince, a poor young man determined to prove his worth; his brother John, a dark and dangerous agent of the local mob; Benedick, a handsome trust-fund kid trying to become a writer; and Maggie, a beautiful and talented singer; Beatrice and Hero throw all their efforts into planning a massive party to save the speakeasy. Despite all their worries, the summer is beautiful, love is in the air, and Beatrice and Benedick are caught up in a romantic battle of wits that their friends might be quietly orchestrating in the background.

Hilariously clever and utterly charming, McKelle George’s debut novel is full of intrigue and 1920s charm. For fans of Jenny Han, Stephanie Perkins, and Anna Godbersen.

Why I'm Excited: Words that make me excited for this book: Shakespeare, 1920s, speakeasy, mob. I love the 20s AND I love Shakespeare. So sold. I'll definitely be keeping my eyes open for this one. 

What are you waiting for on this Wednesday? Link me up!

6 comments:

  1. Those are definitely all words that catch my eye as well! I love the sound of this one, and that cover is just gorgeous and artsy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sold on this book too. It sounds AMAZING and the cover is very nice too. It's going straight on my wishlist!

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, wow! Awesome pick. I love the 20s, so I am definitely adding this to my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pick! I haven't seen this one before, but it definitely sounds like something I will enjoy. I just added it to my TBR list. Thanks for sharing!! I hope you enjoy it as well.

    http://jacquesbooknook.blogspot.com/2017/04/waiting-on-wednesday-lucky-in-love-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh Shakespeare! Yes. I can totally get behind this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG THIS LOOKS SO COOL! I had not seen it before! Clearly I need to stalk Harper's Fall catalog better. I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it!

    Have a fabulous week, Natalie. =)

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, there! Thanks for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one and will do my best to respond--usually on your blog instead of on mine. I will, however, always answer direct questions. Due to serious time restraints, this blog is now an award free zone, but I appreciate the thought!