Saturday, April 15, 2017

Weekly Rewind 4.15.17

Saturday, April 15, 2017 12:42 AM with 10 comments
Image result for natflixandbooks
Weekly Rewind
The new books on my shelves and my week in a nutshell.


Throughout my student teaching semester I was using my weekend post as a way to let people know what's going on in my life, so I've decided to rename my weekend post because this feature is more personal than just what books I've received. The Weekly Rewind will be about what's going on with me and my blog, as well as about the books I've added to my shelves. This post is linked to Stacking the Shelves over at Tynga's Reviews and the Sunday Post over at Caffeinated Book Reviewer.



My Life and Blog

Life: My spring break week has been glorious. I've spent a ton of time just hanging out with my honey. We saw the movie Get Out a few days ago (so good), went to our neighbor's for a cookout, and have made a ton of good food. I've done some reading, watched some hockey playoffs, and got caught up on Girls except for last week's and the series finale which airs on Sunday. It's crazy how quick this week has gone. What's keeping me going is knowing that I only have 9 more weeks when I go back to VA on Sunday and then I'll be home for the summer (and, hopefully, for good). A few PA job postings have started to crop up, so please send me the best vibes that you can to help me get a job here in PA. My husband has been a tropper, but three years of long-distance marriage has been a bit rough for both of us.

Blog and reading:WoW this week (yes, even with a week off, I continued to be the worst book blogger in the history of the book blogging world-lol). I've spent all of my reading energy on continuing It by Stephen King. I know that if I set it aside, or try to read anything concurrently, that I'll loose stem and never pick it back up. I'm about 40% of the way through it at a little over 600 pages. I don't know I didn't wait until summer to pick this stupid book up. I have SO many April and May arcs getting ignored due to this enterprise. 

New books: A small handful to share today. So without further ado, I hope you are all having fabulous weekends! Happy Easter, if you celebrate. 

For Review

25465103 31123236 32332925

Lucky Girl by Amanda Maciel
I absolutely loved (although loved isn't the right word--was impressed by, maybe) this author's novel Tease. It's about a girl who is on trial after a girl she bullied commits suicide. Lucky Girl's synopsis says it is about beauty, self-worth, and sexual assault, so it obviously isn't pulling any punches. I'm excited to read this...but also feel like I need to be in the right mood for it. 
The Whole Thing Together by Ann Brashares
Half siblings who've never met share a beach house that neither of their families want to relinquish. 
The Wonder of Us by Kim Culbertson
Two friends who've lived countries apart for the past year try to reconnect by traveling around Europe together. This sounds cute, and I automatically wanted it after seeing this colorful cover. 

What I snagged from the library

30653787 Image result for doctor strange movie poster

Nevertheless by Alec Baldwin
I've always quite liked Alec Baldwin and am looking forward to this one. 
Movie:
Dr. Strange
I love Marvel, but am feeling just a tad burnt out. This is due back in just a couple of days, and between traveling and finishing getting all of my grades in, I don't know if that is going to happen. Has anybody seen this? Is it a must-see? I'm sure I'll put myself back on the list for it, but might make the time if I should...

Well that's it for me this week. Feel free to leave a link to whatever weekend post you do (Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post, etc). I love to see what books people have recently snagged and especially enjoy hearing about my fellow bloggers' weeks. I hope you are all having a fabulous weekend!




10 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to see Dr. Strange but I haven't gotten around to it yet. I do love Benedict Cumberbatch so I don't think this could be a bad movie.

    My Book Haul

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had a great spring break. I read The Whole Thing Together a few weeks ago and it was just ok for me, which stinks b/c Brashares's Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants is one of my favorites. I enjoyed certain aspects of Whole Thing, but other parts I didn't. I look forward to your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i wish you the best of luck, natalie. i hope you'll get a job in the same state, at least. i have a tough time sleeping at night without my husband, so i can only imagine the stress you are both going through.

    have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pssssshhh, you are nowhere near the worst blogger in the book-blogging world. Don't even! Best of luck with the job hunt! I just went through that process a few months ago and I am so happy to finished with it. YOU GOT THIS!

    I've not heard of any of these! Though I've seen Ann Brashares' books before. I hope you enjoy all of your new books!

    Have a wonderful weekend, Natalie. =)

    Check out my STS post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to get my hands on It. I'm not a big fun of horror books but I'm definitely intrigued after watching the trailer for the new movie. Lucky Girl is one of my most anticipated releases so, I hope I'll get around to reading it soon. I love Marvel as well but I haven't watched Dr. Strange yet. I seriously have no idea if it's actually worth it or not. Hope you enjoy all you new books and have a wonderful week!

    Elena @ Book Lady's Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you had a great week! And wishing you good luck on the job front- hopefully that will all work out for you sooner rather than later!

    Dr. Strange I don't know- I wanted to see it too but a few clips I saw on Youtube looked... underwhelming. I may watch it at some point but I'm having a hard time feeling motivated.

    Have a great Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck on the job hunt, Natalie! I can only imagine how hard that situation must be! You are BOTH troopers for having done it so long!

    I had Dr Strange at home from the library a few weeks ago and decided to pass---I love Marvel, too, but it just looked kind of MEH to me. My daughter said it was a little too wierd, and she looooves the other Marvel movies.

    Happy Easter! Sounds like you're using your spring break to it's fullest potential! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. So jealous about the spring break. I could use one about now! :)
    Good luck with the jobs! I've been in way too many long-distance relationships, so I feel you on that one.
    You're reading IT! My, that was a strong read (read it as a teenager). It's truly a wild ride :)
    Happy Easter to you too, and have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wasn't a big fan of Dr. Strange but in general I feel like I'm a bit tired of the Marvel movies. I really liked Antman though :) I hope you enjoy it! IT is one of my favourite books! I hope you enjoy that as well :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoyed Dr. Strange but is is a lot like Iron Man. So if you're looking for something original you might want to hold off on it... but if you're looking for something that may feel familiar but will entertain you it's worth a watch.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, there! Thanks for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one and will do my best to respond--usually on your blog instead of on mine. I will, however, always answer direct questions. Due to serious time restraints, this blog is now an award free zone, but I appreciate the thought!