Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Waiting on Wednesday (189) Love From the Funny Farm

Tuesday, April 18, 2017 9:45 PM with 3 comments
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases we are eagerly anticipating. Click the link to see the original post plus a whole slew of links to other blogs. After you read this one, of course.


29401441
Love From the Funny Farm

Author: Jenny Fran Davis

Publisher: St. Martin's
Release Date: October 3, 2017

Goodreads:


Flora Goldwasser has fallen in love. She won't admit it to anyone, but something about Elijah Huck has pulled her under. When he tells her about the hippie Quaker school he attended in the Hudson Valley called Quare Academy, where he'll be teaching next year, Flora gives up her tony upper east side prep school for a life on a farm, hoping to woo him. A fish out of water, Flora stands out like a sore thumb in her vintage suits among the tattered tunics and ripped jeans of the rest of the student body. When Elijah doesn't show up, Flora must make the most of the situation and will ultimately learn more about herself than she ever thought possible.

Told in a series of letters, emails, journal entries and various ephemera, Flora's dramatic first year is laid out for all to see, embarrassing moments and all.

Why I'm Excited: I was immediately drawn to this colorful cover. It's a bit busy, but I love that shade of blue and that girl's coat is adorable. This sounds really fun, too. While I love a good snooty prep school story, I love the sound of this Quaker school. Also, epistolary stories are my favorite. I'll definitely be keeping my eyes out for this one. 

What are you waiting for on this Wednesday? Link me up!

3 comments:

  1. This sounds so fun and quirky---just like it's cover! I love the retro vibe it has going on. And the description sounds like there's going to be lots of funny awkward moments. I'll definitely keep an eye our for this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a fun read! I really hope you enjoy it!

    My WoW: http://jacquesbooknook.blogspot.com/2017/04/waiting-on-wednesday-one-dark-throne-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds super fun! I really like that it's told in a series of letters, emails, journal entries and various ephemera. Sounds totally up my alley!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, there! Thanks for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one and will do my best to respond--usually on your blog instead of on mine. I will, however, always answer direct questions. Due to serious time restraints, this blog is now an award free zone, but I appreciate the thought!