Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday (147) Beautiful Broken Girls

Tuesday, April 19, 2016 8:43 PM with 4 comments
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases we are eagerly anticipating. Click the link to see the original post plus a whole slew of links to other blogs. After you read this one, of course.


25706954
Beautiful Broken Girls

Author: Kim Savage
Publisher: Farrar Straus Giroux
Release Date: February 21, 2017

Synopsis from Goodreads:

Per the author: "Ben touched seven parts of Mira Cillo: her palm, hair, chest, cheek, lips, throat, and heart. It was the last one that broke her. In Beautiful Broken Girls, Mira sends Ben on a post-mortem quest to find notes in the seven places where they touched — notes that explain why she and her sister, Francesca, drowned themselves in the quarry lake. How Ben interprets those notes has everything to do with the way he was touched, once, by a bad coach years ago.

But the truth behind the girls’ suicides is far more complicated, and has to do with a dangerous infatuation, a deadly miracle, and a crushing lie. Beth Clark’s cover is delicately spooky, but the teens in the novel are not delicate. Rather, they love fiercely, protect one another unwaveringly, and risk everything to speak the truth. In the way that the hand on the cover hovers near the heart, there is a mystical secret at the heart of Beautiful Broken Girls that I cannot wait to share with readers."


Why I'm excited:
This synopsis sounds heavily reminiscent of The Virgin Suicides (a book I didn't love, but a movie that I did). I'm definitely curious about both the sisters and Ben. This cover is crazily eerie,  too, with the ripples, the communion dress, and the doll-like hands. I will definitely be keeping my eyes out for this one.

What are you waiting for on this Wednesday? Link me up!

Hey lovely GFC and new followers, please follow me by Bloglovin. (I like to follow back, so please let me know if you're a new follower--and leave a link!) Thank you!!!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, this one captured me right away! Thanks for sharing and enjoy. Here's mine: “THE BEAUTY OF THE END”

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this sounds good! Great pick, definitely want to read it

    my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. this one does look so good. and oh my that cover. great pick

    ReplyDelete
  4. Literally have goosebumps after reading that synopsis...okay, I'm kidding. But it sounds deliciously mysterious though. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello, there! Thanks for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one and will do my best to respond--usually on your blog instead of on mine. I will, however, always answer direct questions. Due to serious time restraints, this blog is now an award free zone, but I appreciate the thought!