Friday, January 16, 2015

Weekly Rewind 1.17.15

Friday, January 16, 2015 11:12 PM with 5 comments



Weekly Rewind

The new books on my shelves and my week in a nutshell.






Since I started this blog I've participated in Stacking the Shelves, which is a weekly feature hosted by Tynga's Reviews, and I'm going to continue linking to that meme. Throughout my student teaching semester I was using my weekend post as a way to let people know what's going on in my life, so I've decided to rename my weekend post because this feature is more personal than just what books I've received. The Weekly Rewind will be about what's going on with me and my blog, as well as about the books I've added to my shelves.

My Life and Blog

Life: Not a whole lot to report today. I'm thankful that this is a 3 day weekend as I have a TON of grading I need to do. I had my last observation this week which ended up being very positive. It's nice to know that they are happy with what I am doing in the classroom. I'm four weeks away from my next trip home. My birthday is in three, but I decided it would be better to go over President's Day weekend when I could have an extra day--that way I'll get a five day break instead of a four by taking two days off. 

On the blog front, I wrote my first review in months this week--for the book I Was Here if you were curious. I have to admit that it gave me a great sense of self-satisfaction. I've been reading a lot more lately. I'm still doing that thing where I pick up a book even when I'm halfway through a different one (or four) so that I'm not really finishing anything, lol. However, I have been reading way more lately which is awesome.

New Books: Despite my (not very good) attempt to censor myself, 2015 is already filled with more books than I know I will read, but they all look so good! At least books aren't a bad vice. I am excited for the books I'm sharing today, so without further adieu, I hope you are all having fabulous weekends (especially if you get Monday off)!

For Review

18801694 21467481 13621089 
17838490 20911403 16182308

We Can Work it Out by Elizabeth Eulberg
The sequel to The Lonely Hearts Club, Ms. Eulberg's debut from five years ago. I've been rereading LHC in preparation. It's pretty cute, fluffy and inconsequential, but cute.
I'm Glad I Did by Cynthia Weil 
I'll be honest--I don't know who Cynthia Weil is even though she is apparently in the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame. Regardless, this novel about a song writer in the 1960s sounds pretty fun.
Geek Girl by Holly Smale
This is finally getting a US release. The series is already up to, like, four books in its home country. I've read a bit of it, it's pretty cute.
Playlist for the Dead by Michelle Falkoff
A boy tries to understand his friend's suicide through the play-list he left behind. I JUST read another novel dealing with suicide, so it will probably be awhile before I pick this one up. 
Love, Lucy by April Lindner
A European romance. Looks pretty cute.
A Cold Legacy by Megan Sheperd
So, yeah, this is the third book in a series I haven't read yet. I do this to myself sometimes.

What I snagged from the library

17332564 

Book:
How to Love by Katie Cotugno
This is one of those books that I meant to read, and meant to read, but just never got around to. I'm looking forward to actually getting to this one.
Movie:
What If
I'll watch pretty much anything with Daniel Radcliffe. 


Well that's it for me this week. Feel free to leave a link to whatever weekend post you do (Stacking the Shelves, In My Mailbox, etc). I love to see what books people have recently snagged and especially enjoy hearing about my fellow bloggers' weeks. I hope you are all having a fabulous weekend!


5 comments:

  1. Awesome haul! How To Love sounds pretty good and I really love the cover-I'm drawn to any cover with blue on it. I've been meaning to watch What If! It sounded like such a cute love story. I hope you enjoy your books. :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic books! I can't wait to hear your thoughts on Love, Lucy. I have read some mixed review, so I am undecided about that one. I also am interested in We Can Work It Out…Lonely Hearts Club was too cute! Enjoy your books and good luck with all the grading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, A Cold Legacy sounds interesting, I'll have to check out that series. Hope you enjoy all your picks this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HOW TO LOVE <3333 From what I remember, it's awesome and I REALLY loved reading it. I REALLY want to read Playlist For the Dead but I haven't gotten around to requesting it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, Lucy does sound cute, it's on my TBR. And How to Love…I REALLY enjoyed this one, it's different and the people are real and not perfect. I'm curious to hear your thoughts, so I hope you write a review! And What If…that's a movie that I've been wanting to see, I should rent it soon. Have fun reading! ~Pam

    ReplyDelete

Hello, there! Thanks for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one and will do my best to respond--usually on your blog instead of on mine. I will, however, always answer direct questions. Due to serious time restraints, this blog is now an award free zone, but I appreciate the thought!