Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday (104) Down with the Shine

Tuesday, June 23, 2015 11:33 PM with 9 comments
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases we are eagerly anticipating. Click the link to see the original post plus a whole slew of links to other blogs. After you read this one, of course.


25647300
Down With the Shine

Author: Kate Karyus Quinn
Publisher: HarperTeen
Release Date: April 26, 2016



There's a reason they say "be careful what you wish for." Just ask the girl who wished to be thinner and ended up smaller than Thumbelina, or the boy who asked for "balls of steel" and got them-literally. And never wish for your party to go on forever. Not unless you want your guests to be struck down by debilitating pain if they try to leave.


These are things Lennie only learns when it's too late-after she brings some of her uncles' moonshine to a party and toasts to dozens of wishes, including a big wish of her own: to bring back her best friend, Dylan, who was abducted and murdered six months ago.

Lennie didn't mean to cause so much chaos. She always thought her uncles' moonshine toast was just a tradition. And when they talked about carrying on their "important family legacy," she thought they meant good old-fashioned bootlegging.

As it turns out, they meant granting wishes. And Lennie has just granted more in one night than her uncles would grant in a year.

Now she has to find a way to undo the damage. But once granted, a wish can't be unmade...


Why I'm Excited:
This sounds hilarious and original. I love the idea of magic moonshine and the wishes--especially for her friend--sound messy. I've never read anything by this author, although I do own Another Little Piece and have been meaning to read it for forever. Anybody read that one? Regardless, I'm definitely keeping my eye out for this one.

What are you waiting for on this Wednesday? Link me up!

Hey lovely GFC and new followers, please follow me by Bloglovin. (I like to follow back, so please let me know if you're a new follower--and leave a link!) Thank you!!!

9 comments:

  1. I almost chose this one as my WoW today, too! The cover is really pretty, but its that crazy bizarre description that has me dying for this one! I didn't get a chance to read Another Little Piece, and I didn't exactly love Don't You Forget About Me, but this author definitely has a unique writing style that I can't wait to try again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! This sounds so good. I had not heard of this one until now. Im going to add it to my To Be Read list. Thank you of much for this!
    Paula
    http://thankyoumsbowen.blogspot.com
    BTW new follower with GFC

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you enjoy this one. I'm a new GFC follow back if you'd like.

    Here's my WOW

    Also don't miss my $30 giveaway to Amazon here

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, a moonshine toast and wishes granted- that IS original. And trying to undo wishes- I can see that messy. Good pick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pick!! I went to Tennessee and tried some moonshine one time. This book would add a whole new meaning to the experience. I'm intrigued. I hope you enjoy it!!

    Here is my WoW: http://jacquesbooknook.blogspot.com/2015/06/waiting-on-wednesday-rowan-by-josephine.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just reading the description made me smile with pleasure. Adding this to my TBR on goodreads right now. It sounds absolutely amazing and I wouldn't have even known it existed without this post. Thanks!

    My WOW: http://tsundokubooks.blogspot.com/2015/06/waiting-on-wednesday-truthwitch.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. New book and author to me but I love this cover! Definitely going to look into this one, thanks for sharing!

    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pick! This is the first that I've heard of this one. It sounds really interesting so I'll have to add it to my TBR!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another Little Piece is creepy, that's for sure, and it sounds like this one will be too. Great pick! ~Pam

    ReplyDelete

Hello, there! Thanks for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one and will do my best to respond--usually on your blog instead of on mine. I will, however, always answer direct questions. Due to serious time restraints, this blog is now an award free zone, but I appreciate the thought!