Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases we are eagerly anticipating. Click the link to see the original post plus a whole slew of links to other blogs. After you read this one, of course.


22811780
The Mystery of Hollow Places

Author: Rebecca Podos
Publisher: Balzer + Bray
Release Date: January 26, 2016

Synopsis from Goodreads:


All Imogene Scott knows of her mother is the bedtime story her father told her as a child. It's the story of how her parents met: he, a forensic pathologist, she, a mysterious woman who came to identify a body. A woman who left Imogene and her father when she was a baby, a woman who was always possessed by a powerful loneliness, a woman who many referred to as troubled waters.

When Imogene is seventeen, her father, now a famous author of medical mysteries, strikes out in the middle of the night and doesn't come back. Neither Imogene's stepmother nor the police know where he could've gone, but Imogene is convinced he's looking for her mother. She decides to put to use the skills she's gleaned from a lifetime of her father's books to track down a woman she's never known, in order to find him and, perhaps, the answer to the question she's carried with her for her entire life.

Rebecca Podos' debut is a powerful, affecting story of the pieces of ourselves that remain mysteries even to us - the desperate search through empty spaces for something to hold on to.


Why I'm Excited:
I love a good mystery, and this one sounds really interesting. I love that her dad writes medical mysteries and am curious to find out what happened to her mother...and her father. Will definitely be keeping my eye open for this one. 

What are you waiting for on this Wednesday? Link me up!

Hey lovely GFC and new followers, please follow me by Bloglovin. (I like to follow back, so please let me know if you're a new follower--and leave a link!) Thank you!!!

8 comments:

  1. This sounds SO good! I hadn't heard of it either which is always a cool find. Thanks for sharing.
    Waiting on Weds @Libby Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh... I do not know this book and what a long wait until it comes out. What agony?! Sounds brilliant though. I am pretty pleased to actually have a Wow pick this week that comes out fairly soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like a good mystery too so I'll be checking this one out! Thanks for sharing. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goooosh, the cover looks amazing! The story sounds interesting too ... oh please, let this be good! You know, I love WoW so much because I always get to find so many new books (and blogs - I follow you now via bloglovin' and GFC!) that I didn't even know about ... thank you for sharing this one! I'll definitely keep an eye on it and add it to my TBR list!

    Have a look at my Waiting on Wednesday @ A World Between Folded Pages! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, first of all, I'm a new follower and I'm really in love with your blog theme.

    Anyway, this one does look great! :)

    www.thereadingaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pick! I can't wait for this one to come out because it sounds so great. I adore the cover too. :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds awesome! I love the cover and premise!!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hadn't heard of this one, but it does sound interesting…great pick! ~Pam

    ReplyDelete

Hello, there! Thanks for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one and will do my best to respond--usually on your blog instead of on mine. I will, however, always answer direct questions. Due to serious time restraints, this blog is now an award free zone, but I appreciate the thought!