Friday, June 5, 2015

Weekly Rewind 6.6.15

Friday, June 5, 2015 6:02 AM with 11 comments
Image result for natflixandbooks



Weekly Rewind
The new books on my shelves and my week in a nutshell.




Since I started this blog I've participated in Stacking the Shelves, which is a weekly feature hosted by Tynga's Reviews, and I'm going to continue linking to that meme. Throughout my student teaching semester I was using my weekend post as a way to let people know what's going on in my life, so I've decided to rename my weekend post because this feature is more personal than just what books I've received. The Weekly Rewind will be about what's going on with me and my blog, as well as about the books I've added to my shelves.



My Life and Blog

Life: I'm done! I'm writing and posting this early because I will be driving back up to PA with my husband when I would normally be drafting my weekend post. It's Wed as I type this. Tomorrow is my last official day of school, but the students finished today and my room is cleared out. From what I can understand, tomorrow I'll just be sitting around waiting for the VP to do a room check and then release us. My husband is flying in in the late morning and then the two of us will be hitting the road. I'm hoping to leave on Friday so we can just drive straight, but he may need to leave tomorrow. We'll see. 

I cannot wait to be home and to have the summer off. I'm striking out in the job search department so far, but hopefully something will pop up. I do have a job waiting for me here, and as hard as it was to be away from hubs, it did go by quickly and I do love the school and staff so there is always that. 

I still have some last minute packing to do and I hope to do a first year of teaching reflective post sometime soon, so I'm going to get to the books. 

New Books: I have a handful of pretty review books to share with you. I actually bought a couple of books yesterday as a reward for getting through the year, but I forgot to take a picture before packing them up, so I will share next week. I went completely overboard at my home library and currently have, like, 30 some books in transit for me. Lol. So I'll have some library books to share next week, too. So, without further adieu, I hope you all have awesome weekends. 

For Review

23341894 23287163 23287168 
23717499 22817098 23363928 23341607

Every Last Word Tamara Ireland Stone
A popular high school student struggles with OCD. 
Between the Notes by Sharon Huss Roat
After her once affluent family has to move to the "wrong side of the tracks", a girl starts to discover who she really is. 
Night We Said Yes by Lauren Gibaldi
Alternating chapters between "now" and "then" (which is one of my favorite styles), this book follows a group of friends trying to re-create a fun and crazy night. 
Revenge Playbook by Rachel Allen
Per GR: "In this poignant and hilarious novel, Rachael Allen brilliantly explores the nuances of high school hierarchies, the traumas sustained on the path to finding true love, and the joy of discovering a friend where you least expect."
After Hours by Claire Kennedy
A group of high school students who work as wait staff at a restaurant play a game of dare with the winner winning a pool of money. 
Library at Mount Char by Scott Hawkins
I'm not exactly sure what this is about, but it looks awesome. 
The Rumor by Elin Hilderbrand
I like my yearly trips to Nantucket via Elin Hilderbrand. 

Well that's it for me this week. Feel free to leave a link to whatever weekend post you do (Stacking the Shelves, In My Mailbox, etc). I love to see what books people have recently snagged and especially enjoy hearing about my fellow bloggers' weeks. I hope you are all having a fabulous weekend!

11 comments:

  1. Two months off! Oh it's going to be glorious, isn't it?:) Have a fantastic summer, and good luck on the job search.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on completing your first year teaching! WOO HOO! Nothing compares to that feeling when you are DONE. Best feeling ever. Enjoy your summer break and good luck with job hunting. I also received Every Last Word for review. Excited to check it out! I also am looking forward to a new Elin Hildebrand...perfect for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two months off sounds really wonderful. I hope you have a good time off.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you have a good summer and that the job thing works out for you! Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you'll have great two months off!! :) And oh jeez, Every Last Word! I've heard it's really a moving and though-inducing book. I hope you'll enjoy it like all the other books you've gotten, since no more school ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you have a wonderful break :-) Enjoy your time off and your new books! My haul

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read any of these but happy reading! Good luck on the job search.

    Tsuki’s STS

    ReplyDelete
  8. You do look very happy to be done…hope you have a great summer!

    Every Last Word…I've heard nothing but good things about this book. Night We Said Yes…I'm looking forward to this one, hope it's good. Have fun reading! ~Pam

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great haul! The Night We Said Yes is one that I've been looking forward to. I have a copy of After Hours too; I hope we both enjoy it!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  10. YOU DID IT!!!! YOU FINISHED!!!!

    how is job hunting in your area going?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've heard Every Last Word is INCREDIBLE. It's pretty high on my wish-list, tbh. xD Hope you have a good break over the summer!
    Thanks for stopping by @ Paper Fury!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, there! Thanks for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one and will do my best to respond--usually on your blog instead of on mine. I will, however, always answer direct questions. Due to serious time restraints, this blog is now an award free zone, but I appreciate the thought!