Saturday, August 24, 2013

Stacking the Shelves (20) 8.24.13

Saturday, August 24, 2013 8:22 AM with 37 comments

STSmall_thumb[2]

Stacking the Shelves is a weekly feature hosted by Tyngas Reviews. This meme allows us to share the books we've recently added to our shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! *Clicking the link of a book's title will take you to Goodreads.

I'm beyond excited about a few of these. I definitely plan on spending this last weekend of freedom holed up in my bedroom reading.

E-Book ARCs

17286817 17332977  12813630 17162080 
 13514612 17299264 17334309 13617804
13576618 17414612 17286911 17273927

Conjured by Sarah Beth Durst
The synopsis for this book contains the words: magic-wielding serial killer. That is pretty much all I needed to know.
Jessica Darling's It List by Megan McCafferty
I've said it before and I'll say it again: Jessica Darling is my spirit animal. I'm simultaneously excited and terrified to start this book.
The Coldest Girl in Coldtown  by Holly Black
I have to admit I've been shying away from most paranormal for the past couple of years, but this one sounds bad-ass.
Two Lies and a Spy by Cat Carlton
I'll read pretty much anything that features teen spies.
All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill
I can't wait to dive into this time travel book. I featured this on a WoW post a couple of months back and now it's mine!
Leap of Faith by Jamie Blair
This book about a girl who kidnaps a baby and runs away sounds beyond intriguing.
Project Cain by Geoffrey Girard
For some reason the government has decided it's a good idea to clone serial killers. Which sounds like a pretty silly plan, but I love me some serial killers. (Yes, I'm aware that sounds completely deranged. And yes, I'm aware of the drama-rama surrounding this book.)
Dead Ends by Erin Jade Lange
A bully and a boy with Down Syndrome have an unusual friendship. It just sounds interesting.
A Wounded Name by Dot Hutchinson
A retelling of Hamlet told from Ophelia's point of view? SOLD!
A friend's child goes missing while a woman is watching her. Being billed as for friends of Gone Girl
The Social Code by Sadie Hayes
Twins at Stamford start their own Silicone Valley business.
Leaping at Shadows by Megan Atwood
A mystery at a dance academy. At 100 pages, I'm guessing this is MG. 

So that's it for me this week. I'm pretty excited about what I added to my shelves. What did you add to your shelves? Link me up!
 
Hey lovely GFC and new followers, please follow me by Bloglovin as we all know Google Reader has gone/is going by the wayside. (I like to follow back, so please let me know if you're a new follower--and leave a link!) Thank you!!!

37 comments:

  1. The Coldest Girl in Coldtown sounds awesome, enjoy all your books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a haul! I hope you enjoy them all, especially All Our Yesterdays. I recently read it and absolutely adored it.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, just saw my blog in your blogs I love list as I pressed publish on that last comment - thank you!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a great haul! I really want to read The Coldest Girl in Coldtown, it sounds so good! And I absolutely loved All Our Yesterdays. Have fun reading! ~Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill has been so welcomed by everyone and I hope you really like it:) The Coldest Girl in Coldtown has received really mixed reviews among my friends so I hope you'll have a positive feedback to it:) Enjoy your books, Natalie!

    Siiri @ Little Pieces of Imagination

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of E-ARCS. These all have great covers. All Our Yesterdays is good. I'm reading that right now, next up is Conjured. Sarah Beth Durst is awesome.

    Grace
    Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad I'm not the only one staying holed up in my room to read this weekend, haha. Enjoy!

    My STS.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved All Our Yesterdays and I hope you do too! Two Liars and a Spy also looks really interesting, I love spy stories. :) Happy reading!

    Alice @ Alice in Readerland

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great haul of books, there's quite a few I can't wait to get my hands on including Coldest Girl In Coldtown and Conjured! Enjoy your new books and happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've read All Our Yesterdays already and I really loved it. I haven't read such a great time travel novel in a while! The characters were amazing as well. I can't wait for Conjured to be released. :o Can I just say that I love your blog design? It's REALLY amazing! I hope you enjoy all of your books.

    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a bit in love with your haul this week. What amazing books! I hope you have lots of fun reading them! Happy Reading :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. A wonderful haul! I loved All our Yesterdays and Conjured and The Coldest Girl in Coldtown are both high on my wish list.

    Happy reading. :-)

    Sharon - Obsession with Books

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well dang. You got a ton of books this week! I have the COLDEST GIRL IN COLDTOWN! I haven't started it yet but I hear it's awesome. YAY for ALL OUR YESTERDAYS!! I hope you like it. SO good :) Good luck with PROJECT CAIN. I've heard some very negative reviews. I can't really remember what they said but apparently it didn't work for them. Bummer, too, considering it has such a cool summary. Curious to see what you think of it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You got so many amazing eARCS this week! Have fun with all of your books!
    My STS

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nat you got some AWESOME books! I got a big fat DENY on The Coldest Girl in Cold Town, so I'm a little jealous. Leap of Faith sounds intriguing, I may definitely have to check that one out.

    Thanks for stopping by my STS for the week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Can't wait to hear your thoughts! Just finished Conjured and it took me a long time to get into it. Enjoyed Two Lies and a Spy, loved All Our Yesterdays and Jessica D's It List and I'm reading Coldest Girl right now. Maybe we'll be review twins again;)
    Thanks so much for stopping by! Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have All Our Yesterdays coming up soon for review. Project Cain too. I hope they're both as awesome as they sound. Enjoy all of your amazing goodies!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my goodness you have such a good haul! I just finished All Our Yesterdays, I loved it! Crazy plot. I actually had not heard of Two Lies and a Spy.. I am intrigued :)

    Thanks for stopping by!

    Ashley @ The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow!! You picked up a ton of new books this week. I with you on the teen spy nooks. Two lies and a spy sounds really good. I will have to check that out.

    Thanks for stopping by my STS!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I believe that's the second time I saw The Social Code in the last week. The first time I heard of it was on someone's WoW post. I've heard The Coldest Girl in Coldtown and All Our Yesterdays are great books, so I'm looking forward to reading them sometime.

    That's a great haul. I hope you enjoy reading each one of the books. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, lots of great ARCs there! I'm currently reading the Coldest Girl in Coldtown it's going okay so far. I've heard great things about the All Our Yesterdays and A Wounded Name sounds really intriguing, especially since I studied Hamlet at school.

    Hope you enjoy your books! :)

    Estelle @ Reading in the Dark

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a great haul! I just finished Conjured and it was good but really different than what I expected! I've heard great things about Wounded Name and All Our Yesterdays--those are two I definitely want to get my hands on!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Nice haul! I got Coldest Girl as well, and I got All Our Yesterdays a few weeks back and heard it's great!
    Happy reading!

    My books

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ahhh, I am dying to read The Coldest Girl in Coldtown. Great haul.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Nice haul, Nat!! Coldest Girl sounds good as does Jessica Darling :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fantastic new books...tough decision which to read first!

    My Sunday post: http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2013/08/sundays-weekly-book-recap-32.html

    ReplyDelete
  27. I loved All Our Yesterdays (I'm posting my review tomorrow). I'm curious to see what you think of Leap of Faith, I thought it was pretty awful (I think that review goes up on my blog Friday), but I agree that it sounds so intriguing so I'm wondering if I'm just not getting it. And I'm really excited to read The Social Code, I think I have that one from Netgalley.

    ReplyDelete
  28. That's a big haul! I'm reading Coldest Girl now and so far, so good. I have a few of these, but I haven't read them yet. I've heard great things about the Jessica DArling series too.

    Thanks for stopping by and happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Eeeep Coldest Girl in Coldtown!! That one is coming up for me to review as well and I'm super pumped for it - my first Holly Black book :D Heard GREAT things about All Our Yesterdays and Project Cain...and I'm curious about Wounded Name. Fab haul girl!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Woo, where to start, you have so many here to be excited about!! I'm probably most curious about All Our Yesterdays because I love time travel, but I'd also like to hear your thoughts on The Coldest Girl in Coldtown because it's been getting mixed reviews. Hope you enjoy all these reads!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I so want The Coldest Girl in Coldtown and All Our Yesterdays! Waaaaa. And because I have been disapproved for those, I'll just buy them. :D

    happy reading!

    Thoughts and Pens Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  32. Lucky, lucky! Coldest Girl in Coldtown, A Wounded Name and All Our Yesterdays were books I was hoping to get but didn't. Although I did get Conjured! Hope we both like it! Happy Reading!
    Here are my newest additions.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I hope you LOVE All Our Yesterdays! One of the best time travel books I've read, no lie. And I have a galley of Coldest Girl, but after hearing her Curse Workers series on audio, I kind of feel like all of her books should be heard, so I already pre-ordered the audio. :) Hope you enjoy all your new reads!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Such a diverse selection this week, Natalie. Enjoy them all!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, there! Thanks for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one and will do my best to respond--usually on your blog instead of on mine. I will, however, always answer direct questions. Due to serious time restraints, this blog is now an award free zone, but I appreciate the thought!