Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday (20) The Geography of You and Me

Wednesday, August 28, 2013 7:15 AM with 16 comments
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases we are eagerly anticipating. Click the link to see the original post plus a whole slew of links to other blogs. After you read this one, of course.



17735600 The Geography of You and Me

Author: Jennifer E. Smith
Publisher: Little, Brown
Release Date: April 15, 2014
Number of Pages: 352

Synopsis from Goodreads:
 
Lucy and Owen meet somewhere between the tenth and eleventh floors of a New York City apartment building, on an elevator rendered useless by a citywide blackout. After they're rescued, they spend a single night together, wandering the darkened streets and marveling at the rare appearance of stars above Manhattan. But once the power is restored, so is reality. Lucy soon moves to Edinburgh with her parents, while Owen heads out west with his father.

Lucy and Owen's relationship plays out across the globe as they stay in touch through postcards, occasional e-mails, and -- finally -- a reunion in the city where they first met.

A carefully charted map of a long-distance relationship, Jennifer E. Smith's new novel shows that the center of the world isn't necessarily a place. It can be a person, too.

Why I'm Excited:

I'm sure this is going to be extremely popular this week, but I don't care. This just sounds so charming. I loved This is What Happy Looks Like and this sounds like another great romance. I love that the narrative includes postcards and emails--I adore epistolary writing. I'm not crazy about the cover, but I don't think it's horrible. I just love a good contemporary YA romance...I may have mentioned that, you know, a billion times.

What are you waiting for on this Wednesday? Link me up! 

Hey lovely GFC and new followers, please follow me by Bloglovin as we all know Google Reader has gone/is going by the wayside. (I like to follow back, so please let me know if you're a new follower--and leave a link!) Thank you!!!

16 comments:

  1. Second blog I visited today with this book. Added it the first time I saw it. I'm looking forward to this one too.

    Great pick, Nat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel so bad to say I haven't read any of these books yet, but I really want to since I have heard so much great stuff! I love these covers too and how they have the pops of color. Great pick. My WoW.

    Vyki @ On The Shelf

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read any of her books yet, even though I own Statistical Probability...I really need to read that one and this one b/c they sound super cute! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, this sounds like a really cute story ... hope there's a happy ending. Thanks for sharing this one - it's actually the first time I'm discovering the author.

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this cover and I have both of her other books, even though I haven't read them. My guess is that I'll end up with this one as well!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for another Jennifer E Smith book! I loved both of her first two books, they are always such fun stories to read. I'm definitely looking forward to this one, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like it's going to be a great book! I'm adding it to my TBR list: )

    My WoW :)


    Jackie @Jackie's Book World

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm kind of a Jenn Smith fangirl, I really can't wait for this one either! And I love that the cover seems to be following her cutesy covers theme. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Geography of You and Me sounds like a great contemporary. I haven't read any of Jennifer's books yet, but hear the really good. Happy Wednesday and Happy Reading.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait for this one either! I, too, love novels like this. Epistolary. I didn't know there was a name for it! The cover is very blah. I think it would be much cooler if there was some sort of world map on it, with the girl on one country, him on the other, or something like that. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm definitely looking forward to this one. My favorite part of This is What Happy Looks Like were the e-mails! ~Pam

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great pick! This one is definitely on my list as I really enjoyed The Statistical Probability of Love At First Sight. :)

    Here's my WoW Post!

    Wendy @ Escape Into Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm totally looking forward to this one too!

    I'm a new follower. Also, I love your blog design - I used to live in London, and I miss it!

    Jess @ bookrookreviews.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think I would like the cover more if it wasn't so similar with the "This is What Happy Looks Like" cover.
    It does seem super sweet and an enchanting story. I haven't seen it on any WoW posts yet. You're the first (:
    All of sudden I'm hearing more of epistolary writing which I've only had personally one experience of. I loved that book and I'm glad to see that more books are being published with that type of writing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE these covers...the dark shadows mixed with the vibrant accent colors? So adorable. Just like the books. This was actually my pick last week. I can't wait to have it on my shelf next to the other two. They'll just pop with those primary colors. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello, there! Thanks for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one and will do my best to respond--usually on your blog instead of on mine. I will, however, always answer direct questions. Due to serious time restraints, this blog is now an award free zone, but I appreciate the thought!