Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases we are eagerly anticipating. Click the link to see the original post plus a whole slew of links to other blogs. After you read this one, of course.



The Museum of Intangible Things The Museum of Intangible Things 

Author: Wendy Wunder  
Publisher: Razorbill
Release Date: April 10, 2014

Synopsis from Goodreads:
 
Loyalty. Envy. Obligation. Dreams. Disappointment. Fear. Negligence. Coping. Elation. Lust. Nature. Freedom. Heartbreak. Insouciance. Audacity. Gluttony. Belief. God. Karma. Knowing what you want (there is probably a French word for it). Saying Yes. Destiny. Truth. Devotion. Forgiveness. Life. Happiness (ever after).

Hannah and Zoe haven’t had much in their lives, but they’ve always had each other. So when Zoe tells Hannah she needs to get out of their down-and-out New Jersey town, they pile into Hannah’s beat-up old Le Mans and head west, putting everything—their deadbeat parents, their disappointing love lives, their inevitable enrollment at community college—behind them.

As they chase storms and make new friends, Zoe tells Hannah she wants more for her. She wants her to live bigger, dream grander, aim higher. And so Zoe begins teaching Hannah all about life’s intangible things, concepts sadly missing from her existence—things like audacity, insouciance, karma, and even happiness.

An unforgettable read from the acclaimed author of The Probability of Miracles, The Museum of Intangible Things sparkles with the humor and heartbreak of true friendship and first love.

Why I'm Excited:

I love a good friendship book. I love romance, of course, but nothing makes me happier than reading about best friends. When I was a teen it was all about the girls in my life (even if we were talking about boys). My best friend is hundreds of miles from me now and I sometimes long for the days of hanging out in our bedrooms, passing notes in the halls, staying up way too late, watching scary movies, taking meandering drives and just talking, talking, talking. Plus this cover is just so, so charming. I can't wait to read this one.

What are you waiting for on this first Wednesday in August (can you believe it? Summer is flying by!)? Link me up! 

Hey lovely GFC and new followers, please follow me by Bloglovin as we all know Google Reader has gone/is going by the wayside. (I like to follow back, so please let me know if you're a new follower--and leave a link!) Thank you!!!

23 comments:

  1. I hadn't heard of this one, but it does sound good! Gotta love a road trip book! ~Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited for this one too. It sounds really good (road trip!) and perfect for next summer. I love the cover, too! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roadtrip, friendship, romance and a gorgeous cover? This sounds like something that I will absolutely adore! I absolutely can't wait to read this!! Great pick :)

    My WoW

    Check out my international giveaway for YA contemporary Addicted To You as well

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds wonderful. Books about friendships always are. Great choice.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, this sounds like it's going to be such a brilliant read! Roadtrip & friendship? Count me in! Plus, that cover is beautiful!
    Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm personally not a big contemporary reader, but I'd pick this one up in a heartbeat, just for the cover! XD Great choice this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds really sweet, a best friends road trip!
    I know what you mean, my best friend recently moved too and it makes it harder when you don't have them around to even have those do nothing days.
    Great pick, thank for sharing!

    Bookmunchies' WoW (:

    ReplyDelete
  8. This cover is one of my new favorites! It's amazing! And the book sounds good too!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is new to me, but it sounds like a lot of fun. I love friendship-centered stories as well. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i really like the cover of this one! it's dreamy and kind of quirky. and i like that the synopsis focuses on best friends than boys and love interests. awesome pick, natalie :)

    hope you can stop by my WoW.

    -michelle @ Michelle & Leslie's Book Picks

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds like a great book. It's nice to see a book that looks like it deals with a real friendship, instead of a friendship where one person stabs the other in the back. I'll definitely be adding this one to my TBR, thanks for the introduction!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the cover, and the sounds like a good read :) I'm adding it to my TBR list.

    My WoW :)


    Jackie @Jackie's Book World

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, this looks amazing! Looks like sonething I would love! Will be putting it on my TBR list :)
    XO Becca

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great pick, I hadn't heard of this before today but will definitely look out for it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Excellent WoW pick! This will definitely be on my list to read! Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my WoW post earlier!

    Wendy @ Escape Into Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hadn't heard of this one yet and it sounds great! Just added it to my Goodreads TBR. Thanks for including the link!

    Samantha @ Reading-AndCoffee

    ReplyDelete
  17. I haven't heard of this one either! Sounds good! Definitely going to keep my eye out for it! Thanks for sharing Natalie!

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh yes, I'm waiting on this one, as well! Very few YA books these days focus on friendships instead of purely romance, so that's the major selling factor for me, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  19. A book focused on friendship? Count me in!
    This is new to me, so thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sounds interesting! I too like to read books about friendship instead of romance - more interesting, in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I haven't heard of this one, and I also haven't read anything by Wendy Wunder, but I do love a good friendship book. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is the first I'm hearing of this one! The cover is super cute. Thank you for sharing!

    Thanks for stopping by my post!

    ~Sara @ Forever 17 Books

    ReplyDelete

Hello, there! Thanks for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one and will do my best to respond--usually on your blog instead of on mine. I will, however, always answer direct questions. Due to serious time restraints, this blog is now an award free zone, but I appreciate the thought!