Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday (18) We Want More!

Tuesday, August 6, 2013 9:34 AM with 29 comments


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme/original feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Click the link to go to their site to see the original list for today plus links to a whole slew of other blogs. After you read mine, of course.





So I'm sure I'll be stalking at least some TTT posts today, but today is also the last day I have to finish (I'm such a procrastinator) school work for my LAST graduate class *woot, woot*, so most of the day will probably be spent in a hair-pulling, cold-sweat frenzy, but I promise to visit all those who drop by as soon as I can. Happy Tuesday, everyone.

Today's topic is: Books I wish had a sequel

The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks This Is What Happy Looks Like Golden  Baby Proof Drink, Slay, Love The Hunt (Rachel Benjamin, #4) Dead Rules
Parallel 3 Willows: The Sisterhood Grows Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)

I think this book is pure perfection as is, but I could read about Frankie all day. She was only a sophomore when she shook up her school the way she does here. Imagine her as a senior...or in college.
This is What Happy Looks Like  by Jennifer E. Smith
I really enjoyed this inconspicuous summer romance, but the ending was a bit ambiguous. I'd love to know what happens next between the sweet couple.
Golden by Jessi Kirby
I'd love to follow Parker into her post high school years. 
Baby Proof by Emily Giffin
I loved Claudia and Ben and would love to see where they are now.
Drink, Slay, Love by Sarah Beth Durst
I tend to shy away from vampire novels these days, but I loved snarky Pearl and wouldn't mind reading more of her story.
The Hunt by Jennifer Sturman
So this is actually the fourth book in the Rachel Benjamin series, but it definitely didn't seem like it should have been the last book. This one was released in 2007 by the now debunk Red Dress Ink, so I'm not expecting more books, but I really liked this breezy-mystery series and am bummed that I don't know what happened to Rachel and her boyfriend, Peter.
Dead Rules by Randy Russell
Honestly, I didn't love this book, but I did think it was an interesting take on life after life and think it almost needs a sequel. 
Parallel by Lauren Miller
This parallel worlds book was really fun and I'd love to know what happens next.
3 Willows by Ann Brashares
I recently gave this spin-off of the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series book a second look and really enjoyed it. I thought this book was going to be the first in a series, but it's been a few years since it was released, so I guess not.
Harry Potter by JK Rowling
I would love to go back to Hogwarts. Surely there is still some evil in the world for their children to fight...Hermione could be the Headmaster. Harry could be the dark arts teacher...

Those are just a few of the stories I'd like to see continued. What books made your list this week? Link me up!

Hey lovely GFC and new followers, please follow me by Bloglovin as we all know Google Reader has gone/is going by the wayside. (I like to follow back, so please let me know if you're a new follower--and leave a link!) Thank you!!!

29 comments:

  1. I loved Parallel, so I could definitely read more about this world and find out what happens next! I just added This is What Happy Looks Like to my TBR pile, I've heard great things about it. ~Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe I didn't think to add Harry Potter on my list. I would kill to get anything more from that world. Great list!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Golden is on my list too- I would love for there to be a sequel so we could find out what happens to Parker! Good thinking having Baby Proof on your list- I love Emily Giffin and would love to read a sequel to that book! Great list, Natalie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read Baby Proof. I loved Something Borrowed and Something Blue. I will have to add that to my TBR list! I still have to read the last book in the HP series. I finished book 6 last year. I should get to it soon :)

    Here is my TTT: http://jacquesbooknook.blogspot.com/2013/08/top-ten-tuesday-books-i-wish-could-have.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to see a Frankie sequel too. I'd like to read Baby Proof as I quite enjoyed Something Borrowed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard great things about Drink, Slay, Love. I haven't read it yet though!
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  7. This Is What Happy Looks Like made my list too. I really want to read Golden and Disreputable History, I've heard great things about those two books!

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  8. How did I forget HP? I would love to have more Hogwarts in my life. And, yes, for This is What Happy Looks Like...loved that couple! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that cover for Drink Slay Love. I'm glad you want a sequel. i can't wait to read it. Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm embarrassed to say I haven't read any of these books other then Harry Potter which I definitely wouldn't mind having a sequel to, I'm sure there are other problems in the wizarding world that need fixing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't read any of those and of course...I forgot to add Harry Potter as well...My TTT--> http://bookladysreviews.blogspot.com/2013/08/top-ten-tuesday-15.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've seen Harry Potter on a lot of lists, and although it's not on mine, I would love to find out more about what happened in the days and months after the battle was won.

    Here's my TTT.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes to THIS IS WHAT HAPPY LOOKS LIKE, and GOLDEN is sitting on my shelf, just waiting to be read!

    Rachel @ Beauty and the Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would really like to say something thoughtful, but the only one I've read is HP. However, I also want that. I want it something fierce!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great list! I have seen Golden and Parallel on a few lists. I definitely need to read these ones. I would LOVE a HP sequel :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. How could i forget DRINK SLAY LOVE? That book was awesome!

    Fabulous choices :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. HERMIONE WOULD BE A KICK ASS HEADMASTER!! Okay, sorry, just freaked out in the best way when I read that. Nice to see Golden and This Is What Happy Looks Like on here. I've been wondering if I should give them a spin and this makes me think I should!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I completely agree with Harry Potter. I am not quite ready to leave that world behind!

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Parallel definitely NEEDS a sequel. The ending was so AHHH!
    Awesome list & thanks for stopping by my TTT! (:

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wouldn't it be awesome to have more Harry Potter? It makes me sad that she won't write any more children's books. Maybe one day. Thanks for visiting my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Did you get your work done Natalie?! :D LOL. I feel you though. We started school yesterday and I'm not used to getting back into the grind. I'm exhausted. I freaked out on Parallel. I mean, seriously shouting 'Are you kidding me' at the top of my lungs I was SO mad! And Golden! I'm so glad you liked that book too!

    Thanks for stopping by earlier girl!

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yes, DEFINITELY, to a sequel for This Is What Happy Looks Like! It made my list, too. Hope you finished up everything you needed to do for YOUR LAST GRADUATE CLASS (Yay! Congrats!)

    P.S. I think I used up my quota of exclamation points (!!!, ok maybe not) for this comment. :)

    Erin @ YA Book Crush

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great picks :) And, yeah, Drink Slay Love was so much fun, I would love another book ;)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gosh I just love Harry Potter. The things I would do for more books O_O. And yes, LOVED Golden. Still need to read some of the others but happy for a list that I actually recognize the books on hah

    Thanks for stopping by!
    Nicole @ The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete
  25. I haven't read most of these... but Harry Potter is #1 on my list this week! Yes, take me back to Hogwarts!! I'd love to revisit that world. I'll have to check out some of the books on your list -- nice choices!

    Lisa
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'd love more of This is What Happy Looks Like! I'd love to be able to see how they handled everything when all the pressure and secrets were gone. And I'd also love more Harry Potter :)
    Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'd love to see what an older Frankie is up to, and I agree, I want to see what happens next in Parallel (I love the concept of parallel universes)! :)

    Alice @ Alice in Readerland

    ReplyDelete
  28. Parallel is a stand alone? Huh. I think I'll have to pick it up sooner rather than later then. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello, there! Thanks for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one and will do my best to respond--usually on your blog instead of on mine. I will, however, always answer direct questions. Due to serious time restraints, this blog is now an award free zone, but I appreciate the thought!