Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Waiting on Wendesday (19) Tsarina

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 7:32 AM with 34 comments
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases we are eagerly anticipating. Click the link to see the original post plus a whole slew of links to other blogs. After you read this one, of course.



Tsarina Tsarina

Author: J. Nelle Patrick (AKA Jackson Pearce)
Publisher: Razorbill
Release Date: February 27, 2014

Synopsis from Edelweiss. Link to Goodreads:
 
A daring noble girl must find the mystical Faberge egg in order to save Russia in this heartstopping romance.
Scared for her safety in a city spilling over in chaos, Natalya has a dangerous secret—she has laid eyes on the hidden Constellation Egg. This shimmering Faberge egg holds a power so great it protects the tsar and the one he loves.

When the Constellation Egg disappears, Natalya sets out to find the egg and save her beloved Alexei, the tsar-to-be. But is thwarted by a handsome, dark-haired Red named Leo who has plans of his own for the egg, and for Natalya.

Swirling with mysticism, Natalya’s heart-stopping journey through Russia is perfect for fans of Libba Bray’s A Great and Terrible Beauty.
Why I'm Excited:

Faberge eggs, Russia, the Romanovs. This book sounds awesome. That cover is amazing. The synopsis references Libba Bray. The heroine's name is Natalya (which is close enough). I cannot wait to get my hands on this.

What are you waiting for this Wednesday? Link me up! 

Hey lovely GFC and new followers, please follow me by Bloglovin as we all know Google Reader has gone/is going by the wayside. (I like to follow back, so please let me know if you're a new follower--and leave a link!) Thank you!!!

34 comments:

  1. Fantastic pick! I haven't read any books that take place in Russia or deal with the Romanovs, so this is a must-read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read quite a few Romanovs inspired novels but have yet to find one that I truly like. This one sounds fantastic, though.

    Great pick, Nat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds really different and I haven't read any books based in Russia. I love faberge eggs, they are so beautful! Definitely one for my TBR. Great pick! My WoW.

    Vyki @ On The Shelf

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting pick. Thanks for sharing :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/08/waiting-on-wednesday-61-conjured.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome pick! Definitely putting this on my TBR list. It makes me want to watch Anastasia haha. The cover is so pretty. Thanks for sharing!

    Bookmunchies'WoW and giveaway (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't heard of this book before but it sounds great! Apart from Shadow and Bone, I haven't read any other books based in Russia and I love books that take place in other countries.

    Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This book sounds amazing! I was totally obsessed with all of this when I was in grade and middle school! I just put this on my list and I can't wait to read it!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. WHOA! I've been gone for about two weeks and your blog design has completely changed. I LOVE IT! I really like your new header too :)

    The cover for this is stunning. I bet it looks gorgeous in person with that red. This sounds very intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh...this does sound interesting. Great pick! ~Pam

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pick. This is the first I've seen of Tsarina and it looks and sounds really interesting.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  11. Like the dress she's wearing and Russia is definitely a cool setting for a book. Leo sounds like a guy I'd want to read more about. Nice pick!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i'm very excited about this book too. i really like jackson pearce's retellings so i'm very excited for this one. not that i've read many but i love books set in russia.

    hope you can stop by my WoW.

    -michelle @ Michelle & Leslie's Book Picks

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic pick! I love that it's set in Russia and has a sort of magical tone to it. The mystery behind the Faberge egg sounds really interesting too. By the way- I love your new blog look Natalie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Interesting -- I haven't read a Jackson Pearce book but this sounds great. Love the new blog design!
    Thanks so much for stopping by! Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today!!
    I haven't heard of this one before. Thanks so much for bringing to my attention!!

    Have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the description of the book and the cover is so pretty too :)

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a cool cover! I've never heard of this one before! I'm definitely interested- can't wait to hear what you think once you get to read it!

    Thanks for stopping by! (I love the new blog design! Looks great!)

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
  18. This sounds so cool! I love anything to do with historical Russia especially the Romanovs. Beautiful cover as well. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I haven't heard of this, but I love historical fiction, and I've always kind of been fascinated by Faberge eggs, oddly enough.

    Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  20. It references A Great and Terrible Beauty. I already like it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hadn't come across this one yet, that cover is definitely eye catching though! I might just have to add this to my list :)

    Thanks for stopping by Book Cover Justice!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Woah - wait up! Jackson Pearce wrote this?? WANT!! Absolutely gorgeous cover!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow I love that cover!! This book sounds so good, I'm off to put it on my TBR! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great choice! I'm looking forward to this one as well. :) Also, I'm loving your blog's new look. Hope you have a lovely weekend!

    Sabrina @ I Heart Y.A. Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ooo, this sounds really interesting! I don't know that I've read many books that take place in Russia. I might have to get my hands on this one.

    Also, I really like your new design!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  26. This sounds so good, I just added a bunch of Russian history and fiction to my to-read list so this is good timing!

    ReplyDelete
  27. This sounds really interesting! Thanks for sharing.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  28. How have I not heard of this one yet? I've only read one of Jackson Pearce's full-length novels, but I enjoyed it. I kind of love the idea of this novel, too. Adding it to my TBR stat! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, there! Thanks for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one and will do my best to respond--usually on your blog instead of on mine. I will, however, always answer direct questions. Due to serious time restraints, this blog is now an award free zone, but I appreciate the thought!