Saturday, August 31, 2013

Stacking the Shelves (21) 8.31.13

Saturday, August 31, 2013 8:53 AM with 27 comments

STSmall_thumb[2]

Stacking the Shelves is a weekly feature hosted by Tyngas Reviews. This meme allows us to share the books we've recently added to our shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! *Clicking the link of a book's title will take you to Goodreads.


E-Book ARCs

12578305 17572888  17262306 17465446
17286818 16068905 17061489
 17333301 17262254 13136119

The Chaos of Stars by Kiersten White
I have been positively drooling over this cover. I really enjoyed Mind Games by Ms. White and am excited to see what she does with Egyptian mythology.
Until it Hurts to Stop by Jennifer R. Hubbard
Another absolutely gorgeous cover. I sometimes struggle with books about bullying, but they can be really good if handled correctly.
Living with Jackie Chan by Jo Knowles
After a teenager fathers a baby he moves in with his karate-obsessed uncle.
Unthinkable  by Nancy Werlin
I've owned the book Impossible (the first book in this series) for about 2 years now but haven't read it. I need to get on that.
Relativity by Cristin Bishara
I'm really excited for this one. I love books that follow multiple planes and this one has 9!
Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
I'm so excited for this book about college aged girls that sounds absolutely nothing like typical "NA". Plus fan fiction!
The Waking Dark by Robin Wasserman
Several people in a small town go mad and commit murders on a day that is coined "the killing day." I'm not exactly sure what this one is about beyond that, but it looks creepy and dark.
The Hive by Gill Hornby
Mom mean girls and queen bees. I love books that take an honest look at female friendships.
Cherry Money Baby  by John M. Cusick
A trailer park girl who plans to marry her high school sweetheart after high school gets swept up in a visiting starlet's life.
The Daylight Gate by Jeanette Winterson
A group of witches in 1612...or something. It's Jeanette Winterson so it's bound to be pretty awesome.

So that's it for me this week. I'm pretty excited about what I added to my shelves. What did you add to your shelves? Link me up!
 
Hey lovely GFC and new followers, please follow me by Bloglovin as we all know Google Reader has gone/is going by the wayside. (I like to follow back, so please let me know if you're a new follower--and leave a link!) Thank you!!!

27 comments:

  1. Wow! Amazing haul. I want to read so many of the books in your haul. Particularly Fangirl and Until It Hurts To Stop. Happy Reading :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for Fangirl! It sounds like a fabulous read.
    I also like the cover for Relativity!
    I hope you enjoy all those lovely books. :)

    Nick - My Haul

    ReplyDelete
  3. I follow via bloglovin. You got some good books in your haul this week. I will be starting Chaos of The Stars soon. Come visit me as well.

    Grace
    Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you enjoy Fangirl! I didn't love Eleanor and Park like everyone else, but I'm hoping I'll really like this one more.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited for The Chaos of Stars and Unthinkable. They both sounds amazing. Great books this week. Enjoy all your fabulous reads Natalie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great haul. I have reviews for Relativity and Cherry Money Baby coming up soon. Enjoy 'em!

    My STS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm super excited about The Waking Dark and about. well, all the other books on your list!
    My STS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fangirl has really been getting a lot of hype the past week or two. It looks like you have some great books. I haven't read any of them, but I hope you enjoy them.

    Here is my STS: http://www.jacquesbooknook.blogspot.com/2013/08/stacking-shelves_29.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fangirl . . . I really want to read that one. I'm looking forward to what you think of it!

    My STS: http://readingismytreasure.blogspot.com/2013/08/stacking-shelves-3-only-virtual.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I got Relativity this week, too, and I'm really looking forward to it! Ah, Impossible has a sequel! I remember enjoying it, but I don't remember much about it. I may need to reread and then check out Unthinkable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't gotten approval for Unthinkable yet. I have read her other ones. I'll just have to wait and see if I do end up getting it. :) You got a great stack! I hope you enjoy them all! Thanks for stopping by too.

    Tressa @ Tressa's Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete
  12. You got a lot of good reads this week! I'm especially excited about Fangirl and I'm interested in hearing your thoughts on Cherry Money Baby. The Hive also looks like something I'd love. I hope you enjoy everything!

    ReplyDelete
  13. SUPER jealous of Fangirl & The Chaos of Stars. And Cherry Baby Money.

    I won the Hive from LB during BEA, but I still haven't read it. I love the cover though.

    Some REALLY great books here :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've been super excited and drooling over The Chaos of Stars too! Fangirl also looks really cute and I've been seeing good things about it. Happy reading and thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  15. my sister read eleanor and park and loved it but i heard it's a sad one so i haven't picked it up yet but fangirl sounds not as sad. i don't know if that's true but i'm really digging the cover.

    hope you can stop by my StS.

    -michelle @ Michelle & Leslie's Book Picks

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great pile of books this week, Natalie. I'm looking forward to a lot of these - Chaos, specially. I hope you'll enjoy them all.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really want to read "Fangirl". I'm on a hold for it at the library so far. Happy reading!

    Tsuki’s STS

    ReplyDelete
  18. You hit the jackpot this week!!!! SO many good books up there - Fangirl, The Chaos of Stars, The Waking Dark, Relativity - I want to read them all! Happy Reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You got Fangirl! Guess how jealous I am. :P
    I also like your new blog design. It totally fits you, if you get what I mean. ;D
    Happy reading & thanks for stopping by my STS! (:

    ReplyDelete
  20. You got such great books this week, I'm so jealous! Fangirl, Relativity, The Chaos of Stars, I can't wait for those! Have fun reading! ~Pam

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome haul! I'm excited to check out Fangirl. And I totally agree about Until it Hurts to Stop (about the cover and bullying). The Chaos of Stars looks awesome too, actually they all do haha. Happy readings!

    Book Munchies' Sunday Post & STS (:

    ReplyDelete
  22. I know I've got Waking Dark, think I have Chaos of the stars too. Great haul! Thanks for stopping by my STS.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh man, this is a GREAT haul. I want over half the books. Haha. I really like the cover for Cherry Money Baby. I'm not sure why... I just love how simple it is. I hope you enjoy your books! I can't wait to see what you think of them :D

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm so nervous to start THE CHAOS OF STARS. It sounds so good and the cover is so pretty. Apparently it's let a lot of people down there. Here's hoping we both really like it! AH you got FANGIRL. So jealous! I'm dying to read that one. I think it's out now? I may have to go borrow it from the library. THE DAYLIGHT GATE sounds awesome. I've never heard of it before. I love anything witch related so it's bound to be awesome. Hope you like all these!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I read Fangirl, The Waking Dark, and Relativity recently, and all were great. I hope you enjoy them!

    Stephanie @ Inspiring Insomnia

    ReplyDelete
  26. I just added Fangirl to my want-to-read list a couple days ago! :) I hope you enjoy it. Happy Reading!

    *Following your blog*

    Here are my newest additions.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I really wanted to request Cherry Money Baby but I just could not fit one more review book into that month. I am really looking forward to hearing what you think!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, there! Thanks for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one and will do my best to respond--usually on your blog instead of on mine. I will, however, always answer direct questions. Due to serious time restraints, this blog is now an award free zone, but I appreciate the thought!