Saturday, August 3, 2013

Saturday, August 3, 2013 1:38 PM with 20 comments
STSmall_thumb[2]

Stacking the Shelves is a weekly feature hosted by Tyngas Reviews. This meme allows us to share the books we've recently added to our shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! *Clicking the link of a book's title will take you to Goodreads.


E-Book ARCs

Asylum Winds of Salem (The Beauchamp Family, #3)

Asylum by Madeline Roux
There are very few things I find more creepy than an Asylum. Does anybody watch American Horror Story (it's the best)? The last season was set in an Asylum. *shivers*
Winds of Salem by Melissa de la Cruz
So I'm not always the sharpest knife in the drawer and will occasionally request the sequel (or third) book in a series I have not read. This is one of those. I have the first book checked out from the library...

What I bought
The Graveyard Book 
The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
I've heard great things about this book and am excited to read it.
What I snagged from the library

Of Beast and Beauty The Archived (The Archived, #1) Amber House (Amber House, #1)

Of Beast and Beauty by Stacy Jay
I'm so excited to dive into this fairy tale re-telling. I love that cover.
The Archived by Victoria Schwab
I'm intrigued by this book where the dead rest on shelves like books. I've heard good things and cannot wait to get my hands on the author's new book: Vicious which is being released in September.
Amber House by Kelly Moore
A haunted house story from what I can gather from glancing at the synopsis.

Well, that's all for me this week. What did you add to your shelves this week? Link me up!

Hey lovely GFC and new followers, please follow me by Bloglovin as we all know Google Reader is going/has gone by the wayside. (I like to follow back, so please let me know if you're a new follower--and leave a link!) Thank you!!!

20 comments:

  1. The Graveyard Book is so good. Especially if you've read the Jungle Book - it's kind of a retelling, but you don't have to read it first to understand it. I can't wait to read Of Beast and Beauty! Enjoy your books :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of Beast and Beauty looks really good, and the cover is great too. I tend to like re-tellings of fairy tales, so I'm going to keep my eye on this one. Cant' wait to see what you think about it Natalie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Archived is SO good. I've been wanting to read Of Beast and Beauty and Amber House, but my library hasn't gotten them yet. I hope you enjoy all your books! :-)

    ~Marie @ Ramblings of a Daydreamer
    My Book Haul

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Graveyard Book is great. I love everything Neil Gaiman has ever written though, so I'm biased!

    And I follow you already on Bloglovin'.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice books. I haven't read any of them yet, but Asylum looks kind of creepy and good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have The Archived and Amber House and I love both covers but haven't read either of them yet. I suck at life. Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heh, I also sometimes accidentally request a sequel and then I have to hope that book one is decent!

    I have read good things about The Archived and The Amber House - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooo, you got some awesome library stuff! I've been wanting to read Archived! Asylum looks so creepy--I can't wait to start that one. Great haul this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Asylum! It does look super creepy! I'll be excited to hear what you think of it! (Since I'm not sure if it would be a 'me' read. LOL) And you got the Archived! I personally wasn't crazy about it, but it was definitely a different read, so I hope you enjoy that one! Enjoy all your reads this week Natalie!

    My STS

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait to read Of Beast and Beauty. Enjoy your haul!

    My STS.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great haul!

    Asylum has been on my radar for awhile.It looks so awesome.I cannot wait to see what you think of it.

    Here is my STS link: http://adventuresinreading16.blogspot.com/2013/08/stacking-shelves-5.html

    New Bloglovin follower too :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Asylum's creep me out, but after a recent episode of Ghost Adventures I think haunted strip clubs take the cake. lol I really want to read The Archived and Of Beauty and Beast. Can't wait for your reviews! Happy reading.:D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh!! "Winds of Salem"!! I want that one BAD!! I also want "The Graveyard Book", "The Archived", and "Amber House"!!!! You LUCKY, LUCKY girl!!! Enjoy all of your wonderful books!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVED Amber House and I hope to read Of Beast and Beauty soon! I hope you enjoy all of your books! Happy Reading!

    Here's my Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay for The Graveyard Book!! I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amber house and The Archived both sounds really good. Hope you like them
    -Following!

    Here were my new additions.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I need The Graveyard and The Archived. I'm taking my daughter to get her first-ever library card this weekend, so I'll see if the library has them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Asylum is one I'm hoping to get! The Archived has been sitting on my shelf unread (a signed copy, no less) for months, and I need to rectify that.

    Thanks for visiting.
    Steph @ Inspiring Insomnia

    ReplyDelete

Hello, there! Thanks for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one and will do my best to respond--usually on your blog instead of on mine. I will, however, always answer direct questions. Due to serious time restraints, this blog is now an award free zone, but I appreciate the thought!